MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I could not resist and bought my first MV... Incredibly this bike has been non-operational for years, but kept inside and in new condition.

2008 F4 and Corse edition with MV factory magnesium wheels with only 870 miles.

The only thing it needs is new tires and I will refresh the forks, and I plan to update the cooling as the only planned mod as I want to keep this as original as possible. All other fluids have been flushed and changed....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ha! Some of us were eyeing this one on BAT. Glad you are joining the forums - I am sure a lot of us are jealous on your score. Bike looks basically brand new! Keep us updated on any work you do and let us know how she gets along.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a good buy and should be easy to get back on the road in a few weeks. I have already ordered upgraded water pump... I am looking forward to learning from the forum.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I sat and watched the seconds count down on that bid, and very nearly pushed a bit for $9200. That bike has a bunch of rare MV parts and was really a good buy at what you paid.

I had an '05 F4 1000S that I sold six years ago. Getting rid of the cat by changing to a cat-less midpipe made a big difference in temp, both engine coolant and on your leg while stopped at a light.

I know the '07 and up bikes have the midpipe welded to the header, so it's not nearly as simple as mine was, but you could find a good used header from an earlier bike, then get the separate cat-less midpipe to go with it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the header pipe uses the same diameter tubes all years. You can still get a new header too, if you'd rather.

Great bike!

John

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Hi, and welcome.

Great pick up and a bonus to you for finding such a gem.

There is a faction of enthusiasts who protest at bikes being 'stored' but this buy evidences the greatest benefit to a new owner: a pristine, low mileage, next to new, historic relic. Congrats and best wishes with the recommissioning.

·
Super Moderator
21,737 Posts
Welcome.
One area to seriously check is the fuel tank internals. Granted there are few miles, but if fuel was left in the tank, or the fuel filter and hoses were left with fuel in them, you might have issues at first run.

Do you have the shop manuals for your bike?

You can download them free of charge here: MV Agusta Team Double 3 Racing

·
Administrator
19,076 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the family !!! You got a hell of a deal on a very special bike.

I do believe the exhaust installed eliminated the catalytic converter (MV Corse Kit) and included the proper ECU.

Do as silentservice703 suggested, those fuel hoses in the tank need inspection or replacement (by the way, he has the hose you need so reach out to him).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice. I will PM silent service. I was thinking along similar lines. I have ordered the fuel filter and new gaskets, but do not have the fuel hoses... I think this would be a wise to change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts