MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Wing Nut
23,338 Posts
OK...so you have the Workshop and Engine Manuals?....
Get a PitBull stand (or one of many others) for the garage. You might look into a Bursig stand if you want to be able to lift both ends and remove the forks or rear hub (there are other methods, but the Bursig is brilliant).
You can do a lot with out needing any "special tools".
Service the hub, don't overfill the coolant reservoir (minimum mark is the cold maximum mark).
KurveyGirl has DZus fasteners.
Have fun !!

·
Old Wing Nut
23,338 Posts
Where exactly is this "sensor" ?? How many wires and what color?
Monroe Motors has been around a long time. Let us know how you get on with them.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,338 Posts
The first gen F4 750 did not have a lambda (O2) sensor or exhaust valve, also no catalytic converter. The RG3 Arrow exhaust is/was the MV Corse option and looks like the stock exhaust except it has less sound deadening muffler tips.
Can't think of any sensor down there other than the brake light switch. The Neutral light switch is under the engine (single wire). The speed sensor is on the drive sprocket cover.....
hmmm

And this is a 2000 model (first year in USA), right? 8th character from the end of the VIN is a "Y"?

·
Old Wing Nut
23,338 Posts
Yep....2000 year model.
Does it have 2 radiators? Original only had one, but MV did a warranty campaign to add the second one found on later 750s due to massive overheating complaints.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,338 Posts
That chopped off connector looks like a common crimp-on spade...not an original connector. Single wire? Color of wire? wonder where it goes to??

·
Old Wing Nut
23,338 Posts
There is a bridge that goes over the battery and provides the hinge point as well as the gas tank mount.
Font Parallel Auto part Engineering Bicycle part

·
Old Wing Nut
23,338 Posts
Someone stole it !!! The FBF bar risers are nice kit by the way. Wish I hadn't sold mine.
Does appear you have the double radiators !! That is good.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,338 Posts
It is a m6 but has a shoulder that keeps it from crushing the rubber damper.
My Ace Hardware has a selection. Alternatively, you can use a sleeve or collar to achieve the same purpose

·
Old Wing Nut
23,338 Posts
Noticed you also have a bunch of nice carbon fiber upgrades too.
Those mufflers are Silmotor which Ferraci rebranded as his for sale in the USA. Looks like the pipes are ceramic coated.
Bet it has a Ferraci chip in the ECU... I would still chat with Adam about one of his.
Nice bike.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,338 Posts
I think the first years of production had a Ducati-esque side stand (ie" self retracting).
Maybe study the parts diagrams for changes in part number/drawing on the later 750's and even 1000's.
The problem I have with my 2004 SPR is the stand allows the bike to lean too far (in my opinion). I always feel it's about to fall over when I get off.....but it doesn't and it stays down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts