MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike currently has 330 miles on the odometer. Today I parked at the market and went shopping. When I came back, the computer board didn't turn on - so I thought that the battery was low. I went home, and tried to start my bike with my battery charger, but it would not work. The bike is 10 DAYS OLD, and it's back in the shop. Any comments???

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Hum... Sorry To Hear That
Hope Fix The Problems Soon.
Wish You Luck

·
Registered
568 Posts
My bike currently has 330 miles on the odometer. Today I parked at the market and went shopping. When I came back, the computer board didn't turn on - so I thought that the battery was low. I went home, and tried to start my bike with my battery charger, but it would not work. The bike is 10 DAYS OLD, and it's back in the shop. Any comments???
How do you mean you tried to start the bike with the battery charger?

·
Living the Dream
2,761 Posts
check your fuses if you haven't already.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Obviously the shop will sort it, could be a battery failure - happens now and again with new batterys.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
well in that case...
old product = problems

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
mechanical devise = problems. Think about that the next time you're 40,000 thousand feet above the planet's surfice inside a commercial jet liner. I'm just sayin'...

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
mechanical devise = problems. Think about that the next time you're 40,000 thousand feet above the planet's surfice inside a commercial jet liner. I'm just sayin'...
At least at 40,000 feet you'll have a reasonable amount of time to be able to think about it.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I came back from the bike shop, and here's the verdict: a fuse was burned and due to the guy who did my electric work to illuminate my license plate holder and reposition my blinkers. One of the cables that lights the license plate and passes through the exhaust was burned by the heat of the exhuast and this made the fuse go out. The guy who did the job was me - so I made a mistake. I did that on my 2006 Brutale, and it was fine. When I finished the job Friday night everything was working well. I drove it for 3 days without a problem, so I didnt understand what was wrong. Sorry for that posting incorrect tips or info. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Good to hear its all fixed and you're back on the rode enjoying your new toy again.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Good to hear you got it sorted, sorry to hear about the operator head space..

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Shit happens! Live and learn. Next time use 2 layers of heatshrink tubing in high heat areas like the exhaust.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
This reminds me of the time my electrical system on my 2002 F4 was fried, leaving stranded at work, and I had to rent a trailer to tow the F4 100 miles (one way) to the dealer in Tucson which took a full Saturday waiting in the shop.

Turns out, a few days before, I was washing the bike and water got into the wires I sliced when I changed my turns signs to clear ones. I guess the electric tape didn't hold up very well. Lots of trouble but 100% my fault. And you guys were so ready to assume that since it was a new model, it would have problems. :stickpoke

So I came back from the bike shop, and here's the verdict: a fuse was burned and due to the guy who did my electric work to illuminate my license plate holder and reposition my blinkers. One of the cables that lights the license plate and passes through the exhaust was burned by the heat of the exhuast and this made the fuse go out. The guy who did the job was me - so I made a mistake. I did that on my 2006 Brutale, and it was fine. When I finished the job Friday night everything was working well. I drove it for 3 days without a problem, so I didnt understand what was wrong. Sorry for that posting incorrect tips or info. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I find it a little strange that a license plate light fuse blowing will leave the bike inoperable.:wtf:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it is the cable of the licence plate that go true the exhuast that melt and everytime they change the fuse at the shop he blow up and that s how they fine out

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I would just think lights would be on a circuit that would not affect the running of the bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts