MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, totally impulsive. Just bought a brand new black and silver F3. I already have an F4 and a 1090RR, so not nw to MV. The F3 is so beautiful, I had to have it when I saw it in person. I have 40 miles on it after riding it home from the dealership. Initial observations... fueling in normal mode under 3-4K is not very good. In sport mode it is better, but still could be better and not like a triumph triple. Not complaining, just comparing. It doesn't sound like a triple at idle but when you get it reving, it sounds like a very angry triple. I think the bike runs hot but that's nothing new to an MV. I'm 5'11 and 155 and while the bike is small, it feels comfortable to me. It handles great and is super eager to turn in. Now, how much of that is the MV design or the fact that it is a super sport and I have only riden liter bikes, I don't know. For me, it wants to turn in really fast. I have stalled it several times on the way home. Not sure how much is fueling or clutch engagement zone, maybe a little of both. Did I say the bike is simply drop dead beautiful. Quick shifter works great and is fun. Will post up in the next day or two. Will share more after I get a few more miles under my belt. I love the red trellis frame with the black and silver. The only ugly thing about the bike is the rear mud fender thingy. Thats got to go. I was thinking about the daytona, which is a nice bike, instead of the F3, but in terms of asthetics, there is simply no comparison, IMHO.

·
Administrator
19,819 Posts
Jealous.....very jealous. Where are you located? US or elsewhere?

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I’m not a fan of black bikes. However, the black over grey on the F3 is quite fetching. I think the wife actually prefers it.
As I’ve stated before my only complaints are the red trellis frame, the matte red F3 on the side panels and the fact that they didn’t use full colour logos. Seeing a black F4 with the colour logos beside an F3 without really brings home that point.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
The red frame is one of the nicest things out there.
Don't worry about him Sam, your bikes awesome, Stephen just likes to whinge a whole lot. :naughty:
Slurp, slurp, munch, munch, munch…
Or sorry, I’m having a little cheese with my whine, a nice Italian red. :laughing: Hehehe

Yes, Donsy is correct, it may seem that at times I tend to go on about things. It’s just my passion for some things gets the better of me.

I should rephrase the above post because the red trellis does look good against the black. The wife’s M796 came with black body panels and red frame and it was striking.
It’s just that I had this thing about doing a re spray, (and please lets not start that all over again) and having a red frame would have made that a much more involved task.

Enjoy your new ride and don’t take what I said the wrong way. I was just expressing my personal preferences.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You guys aren't making it easy on me! I can't decide between the white or the red. Having seen the black in person, I now wish I'd opted for black. Oh well, too late now. So which is better in person- the red, or the white? I haven't seen either yet (aside from pictures)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys aren't making it easy on me! I can't decide between the white or the red. Having seen the black in person, I now wish I'd opted for black. Oh well, too late now. So which is better in person- the red, or the white? I haven't seen either yet (aside from pictures)
I think all three are awesome. My favorite is obviously black but white with red trellis is sweet. Red/silver nice but already have a bike in that color.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Dam
Those photos are great! I love it!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts