MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... again. I joined here two years ago when I was interested in buying an F4 first generation. I saw a few that were in not so great condition, with high miles, not much service history, I knew they would give me a lot of trouble. The low kilometers examples around were either the very expensive Senna or Agostini variants, the few standard ones with low kilometres had sat in offices or someone’s house for years which probably meant all the plastics and rubber were ready to break/crack/leak as I started using it. Then covid came so I couldn’t travel around looking for,them anymore.

Last week I was in my local MV dealer and I saw a little F3 675 left alone in the back of his storeroom. From a distance I thought it was a very new looking F4, I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was. F3 is a rare sight, even here in Italy I had not seen one before. It stood out so much against the Panigale/Multistradas and also being next to the Suzuki it looked even better. I looked over it, very very happy to see the fit and finish was fantastic. Where I live we have just curve after curve after curve never ending and I began to see that this could be a great bike for me. The dealer who is also a friend was honest and said it was a 2020 model, unsold, unregistered with zero kilometres and that it was now discontinued model, he was worried it would sit with him for another long time. I asked him how much, on the road, nothing hidden. The price was fantastic I said ok! It looked so sad sitting there alone, like the dog you see that needs a home.

So now it need the pre sale inspection I should have it next week in my hands. I like very much the quadlock system for the phone, I have been using quadlock for two years now on my 1198. My question is - who is using a quadlock on the F3 and what solution did you use to mount it please?

·
Old Wing Nut
22,634 Posts
Welcome back to the family !! And nice find there hiding in the dealer's showroom .... I have no familiarity with the quadlock whatever, but I'm sure someone must.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Welcome! I can see some modifications incoming in the future!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! I can see some modifications incoming in the future!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yes, thank you both, I will probably put a HP Corse high mount satin silver end pipe, some Dunlop gp race 212 and SBS brake pads after running in to start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello and welcome, very nice bike !
However this is a 2019 model and not a 2020. You can see that on the exhaust cover (gray instead of black) and the fairing decals. But I don’t think there are other differences so envoy the bike !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello and welcome, very nice bike !
However this is a 2019 model and not a 2020. You can see that on the exhaust cover (gray instead of black) and the fairing decals. But I don’t think there are other differences so envoy the bike !
Yes you are correct I make a mistake. I think the only thing really important to me was to have the black engine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, the "black" engine is way more important than some decals or a cover color, as it came with the Euro4 updates to the whole bike !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts