MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had delivery of new EVR slipper clutch for my 312R and need some advise on fitment

I see i need to install the pressure plate bearing from the existing pressure plate into the new EVR plate

1. Is this a SLIDE/PUSH fit as it seems quite tight compared to the original pressure plate ??

2. Also from the drawings, i am assuming i don't need the 2 thin steel spring/plate (8000A6922/8000A6923) that go on before the friction plate stack ?

3. It mentions the first friction plate as "Sintered Plate Oversize" - is the the MV normal 1st plate 8000A6915 that has the larger inside diameter ??

http://www.edovignaracing.com/en/slipper-clutches-road-slipper-system-wet-models/slipper-clutches-road-slipper-system-wet-models-mounting-instructions.pdf

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
I know that when I did this to my Ducati Monster, the pressure plate bearing was a press fit. I actually mucked up the first bearing and had to get another.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that when I did this to my Ducati Monster, the pressure plate bearing was a press fit. I actually mucked up the first bearing and had to get another.
Yep, i've just pressed it in with a drift - wasn't that tight, but more more than the standard pressure plate.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody know what plate is put in first ??

"Sintered Plate Oversize"

8000A6915 or 8000A6917 ???

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
Well, the 8000A6917 is described as First Clutch Plate and the others are listed as Driven Clutch Plate...I'd go with 8000A6917.

8000A6917 is also shown first in the assembly diagrams on EVOLUTINBE BIKE's website.

Is there a dimensional difference in thickness?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the 8000A6917 is described as First Clutch Plate and the others are listed as Driven Clutch Plate...I'd go with 8000A6917.

8000A6917 is also shown first in the assembly diagrams on EVOLUTINBE BIKE's website.

Is there a dimensional difference in thickness?

See below MV clutch diagram

4 is 8000A6915

6 is 8000A6917

They are different from the rest of the clutch pack.

4 has a much larger INSIDE diameter to allow the 2 steel spring plates 18/19 and is the first of the friction pads to put on
6 has more condensed/larger friction pads on it and is the last of the friction pads to put on

EVR just mention Sintered Plate Oversize" which could mean anything....??

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
Then ask EVR....

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
+1

My friend just installed EVR into his Panigale R, he also had an issue and emailed EVR who responded within 30mins (amazing for an Italian company!)
All sorted after that.

I had a response from EVR a few days ago....

"
Hello Paul,

we recommend that the "Sintered Plate Oversize" – must be the plate that has the larger inside diameter."

So 8000A6915 it is..

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
Excellent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts