MV Agusta Forum banner

New ECU Software !!

15K views 48 replies 18 participants last post by  llevero 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

just for ur information, there is a new ECU Software out for TV/TVL with EURO3 ... (and of course Euro4)

see SB 174

cheers

Attachments

#2 · (Edited)
Ohhh, thanks Gero. Visiting dealer tomorrow for fitting of my Hydo Tre. Hope that they have this available to update my bike.

Not sure if this can be combined with the map update they're intending to install for the new exhaust. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

#4 ·
Hi Chas,
please let me know, what exactly the "map" update for the Hydro Tre is....

:laugh: and don't forget to make a video of the sound from the new exhaust :wink2:
and tell me please what your thinking when u riding with the new pipes :smile2:

Thanks....

#5 ·
No problem Gero, did video with std pipe for comparison yesterday. Will be at dealers for new exhaust and a few other tweaks in a few hours. I then have the rest of the day to ride home :)

#7 ·
I too would be disappointed, however last week my service manager went through all the updates with me and advised 3 ECU updates including the latest + I also need the Clutch mod and the bracket for the rear preload adjuster.

Mivvi is booked in at end of month for a service + the above which were all in stock:surprise:
Oh and the Cush drive rubbers which are knackered at 3k and not in stock:frown2:

#8 · (Edited)
Apparently anyone having had an update in the last week or two will have software with a bug that can result in the ABS light giving a false error. This has now been rectified as of Tuesday this week. Mike owner of Motocorsa told me this today when I was in there.

I've had the very latest software update applied to my TVL today but had the HP Corse Hydro Tre fitted at the same time so difficult to compare before and after. Also had clutch service bulletin mod carried out, new rear pre-load bracket replaced also under a service bulletin. Bleed of back brake and adjustment of pedal into a better position. A check that the quick shifter sensor is defective, which they have confirmed, submitted a warranty claim to MV and ordered a replacement.

Tom at Motocorsa was great as was everyone else there. Long way to travel but will be sticking with them for future servicing (until out of warranty at least).

Does the bike seem smoother, as said above difficult what with a lovely new soundtrack and a really nice day today. Hell yeah, the bike felt fantastic but it might all be in my head :crazyeyes

Didn't think of noting the software version on the dash before putting the bike away this evening, will check tomorrow and post here.

#9 ·
Hi Chas,

my Dealer told me also that they had some problems with the new ECU FW... I had exactly the same bulletin fitted as you and the rear brake done... and what a surprise my Comfort Seats arrived :surprise:
I have the same feeling about the bike... it is smoother as before!
My Quick shifter is not going "down" with "up" no problems... so they ordered a new one!

looking forward the "hear" ans "see" a video from the Hydro Tre ....

so long....

#13 ·
What exactly are 'engine cranking strategies'? Something lost in translation from Italian there I fear. I'm assuming it's to do with starting/turning the engine over on the button and fuelling at this point?

I was running the heated grips on level one after dark on the motorway on the way home on Thursday, was just right. Have only once had them at level two but tend not to ride when it's around zero. I don't have any problems with varying temperatures though they do get hotter when in traffic as the dissipation is less than at speed. The Service Bulletin I think you're referring to seems to indicate that the change in relation to this is on the diagnostics side rather than to do with them operationally.

I'm pretty sure that there hasn't been a firmware update since I got my TVL 11 months ago. I would have expected the dash to have shown a new version number after this update but it still shows v. 1.04.

#14 ·
Hi Chas,
my dash is showing the same... it has do with the Software.. ECU Software is not the same as the dash Software!! ECU Software Version is not showing in the dash Software!! That what my Technician told me.
It would be nice if Mv would change the dash Software.. then maybe we had no Problem with the "Clock" and maybe we could change the dash from night/day to automatic.. ans maybe setup what you wanna see on the dash while you driving.. and so on...:grin2:

but by the way... how is the new exhaust?? I'm so exciting, to hear the sound!!!!

#15 ·
my dash is showing the same... it has do with the Software.. ECU Software is not the same as the dash Software!! ECU Software Version is not showing in the dash Software!! That what my Technician told me.
Ahh, OK. Would be sensible to show ECU firmware version as well, that's what I assumed that was. Now stand corrected

It would be nice if Mv would change the dash Software.. then maybe we had no Problem with the "Clock" and maybe we could change the dash from night/day to automatic.. ans maybe setup what you wanna see on the dash while you driving.. and so on...:grin2:
The dash is a bit too busy but I've gotten used to it now.

but by the way... how is the new exhaust?? I'm so exciting, to hear the sound!!!!
Patience, the video will come in time. Hoping to do it on Monday at some point though I do have a meeting in town in the afternoon that could throw a spanner in the works. All it'll take to delay it is a call from a client I'm afraid, I could leave the phone off the hook :naughty:

#18 ·
Update Dilemma

Team - Im on the way over to the dealer to get the update on my bike, should have it done in a couple hours, I'll let you know what the Technician says about it....my son works at the dealer so they're pretty open with me.
Dealer called and said "we tried and tried but the update software wouldn't sync with the bike, sorry but we couldn't do it and let MV know so they can address the problem". I dont blame the dealer they've been great. I added to their list to ask MV: the bike was delivered with a flash drive labeled MV. On it are all the user and services manuals for all the current series of bikes except one, guess which one?

#20 · (Edited)
The USB memory stick that came with my TV was the same. See Donsy's manual thread where some of us have uploaded the handbook and service booklets in PDF format.

If you're looking for the workshop manual there isn't one for the engine yet, I use a Brutale one from @Donsy's site, link here. He's also uploaded a chassis manual for the TV to Dropbox (last link in the list).

Reactions: Donsy
#22 ·
There is a facility to update the files on the USB stick when you plug it into a computer. I've updated mine a few times and downloaded additional files and media. I've also downloaded a number of the manuals from this forum and stored them on the memory stick.

#25 · (Edited)
Bumpkin,

I moved this reply from our conversation in another thread after I saw it started with tires, went to pipes and then ECU.

I have had the new clutch switch and sprag starter clutch at 5500 miles. I am talking with Jay, with MV North America, Bristol, PA. and Ian, the parts dude in Georgia and Emanuella in Varese, Italy along with Hourglass about getting a new ECU that will correct the inertia reference module or lean angle sensor.

Currently the software locks my suspension, I am told by the service dept. Originally, after riding in the rain, my clutch quit working. It would not disengage- always in gear, unless in neutral. I had to hit the kill switch to stop the bike. This is a good time to announce to my MV brothers that I would buy this bike again and again. I do not even want a loaner bike. I just want to ride the TVL.:heart:

Nine weeks in the shop at Hourglass :rant: I do have info they are not retiring MV and will continue to sell them for one more year with the promises of better support from Italy.

Jay, super nice guy, is trying to get me the part number... starts with an 8. Anyone know the newest ECU part number?
This part was ordered ten days ago and I still do not know if it is in stock or shipped.

The Texa Navigator TSB diagnostic tool is about $2750, so I guess I will not be doing it myself.

#27 ·
I am doing great, thanks. Everyday I ride, which is to work, to lunch and to home, is a great day. At the end of the day, on a curvy road near the sod fields and Indian Mounds, I can hit about 106 mph, before the curve approaches and the engine brake engages.:D

Others help me out. Here is the most recent service bulletin.

http://net.mvagusta.it/article_attachments/attachment_view/2886

There is a software version listed on your display. I am not sure this indicates the ECU version. The update needs to be done at the dealer, unless you pay thousands for the fancy diagnostic tool.

#30 ·
I must say it seems smoother but not sure if it's my imagination.
The bike had a good going over today as some moron (me) filled it with diesel last week.
Newsflash -it doesn't run well on diesel. Hence the relief its all good again might be a factor. I'll check tomorrow if there is any accompanying explanaton with the SW upgrade

Reactions: Gero HH
#31 ·
some explanation on the '0049' SW update

'Unfortunately, MV do not inform us as to what changes are made in the updates, we usually figure it out by ourselves. This one in particular seems to be fuelling adjustments to take away some of the extreme sensitivity in the throttle openings and most definitely starting strategies to prevent premature starter clutch failure'

#33 ·
This is something almost everyone in the world wants....

When you figure it out, let me know!:wink2:

Reactions: Blue Car Boy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.