MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to replace my old and worned out pilots tire with a Q3. I heard and read a lot of good reviews with it. And saw that this model is on sale at this site Motorcycle Tires. Would this be a good replacement with my current tire? For those who has one what tire pressure are you guys using?:smoking:

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
31/30 on my Ducati 916 at the track. Did about 10 trackdays this year with them and love them. From mid 50's to 107 degree weather. Very confidence inspiring. Putting a set on my MV this weekend. Let's see how they work in the cold.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
My tires are done, so getting Q3s for next season. Expect they'll be the same as my current SportSmarts (I liked those tires) in the cold. Under 8℃ they got squirrelly. As long as the Q3s are as predictable I'll be happy.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just put a set on my Brutale 1090RR some 1000 miles ago. Love these; never had Pilot Powers on this bike but had them on few others of mine, and much prefer the Q3 but then I also preferred the Q2 to both Pilot Powers and Pilot Power Pures. The turn-in seems to be more neutral to me on the Q3 than on Q2, for whatever that's worth. They've worked great so far in a couple of cold mornings at around +4C, and worked very well in the wet. On the Q2 I seem to get 4K miles of perfect handling, then the wear starts affecting handling noticeably but I can -- and have -- squeezed circa 6K out of them, with no cords showing. On Pilot Powers I get similar total mileage but feel the handling affected starting around 3K. This is street riding with very mixed surfaces, "spirited" pace generally, and I weigh 230-240lbs in full gear.

Overall, absolutely recommended; does not hurt that they are also cheaper than Pilots Powers -- at least here in US...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I put a set of Q3's on my F4RR just over a thousand miles ago and so far I've been impressed. I'm always cautious when moving onto a new type of tire but so far they have done nothing but inspire confidence. I've found them to be very neutral and predictable, you can turn in really quickly with confidence and there's little to no 'squirm' under hard braking. Not ridden in truly wet conditions yet so I can't speak to that.

All in all a great replacement for my Pirelli's.

I've never really liked the feel of Michelin's so I can't comment how that transition would feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts