MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new MV dealer opened their doors in Sydney a few weeks ago so I wandered down to have a chat and see what was cookin'. They are quite close to my home so I thought it would be a good idea to find out about them sevicing the 312. (The dealer I bought the bike from told me that the first service cost around $700.00, but if I did not buy it form him, it would be about $1200.00). The sales manager at the new dealership told me to call the workshop (on the other side of Sydney) and speak to the W/S manager who would give me a quote. Evidently I can take my bike to the showroom and they truck it to the W/S for a service and then they bring it back to the S/R.
Left 2 messages for the W/S manager and he still has not called back. (Really keen for business!) Called the sales manager and told him of this. His answer? "Uh okay". (really, really, really keen for business). MOTORINI in Williams Street, Sydney will not be getting my business!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Both of those prices are over the top :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: both companies are trying you to rip off. MV's seem to be pricey in some countries but Aus is not one of them. I've been told the standard service costs here are minor is $250 and majors $450.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My 12000km service was $400 here in Hobart, some dealers just want to rip you off!!

I had quotes from the two dealers in Tassie and they were both around $400 for the 12000 fairly major service!

·
Registered
298 Posts
gazman said:
My 12000km service was $400 here in Hobart, some dealers just want to rip you off!!

I had quotes from the two dealers in Tassie and they were both around $400 for the 12000 fairly major service!
Geez that's cheap, I was quoted about $700 for a 6000 Km service, that was wotshisface out in Blacktown and going back a year or so ago; I don't think they're dealers anymore though

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
No Peter that is not right by any stretch. About a year ago the importer Paul Feeney put a stop to overcharging and you should get a set price much lower than that. I use Stoney Creek M/c and they have a set price of $350 + consumables. I also get them to pick up and deliver for around $100 as I live at Dural.
I have found them to be fantastic.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm coming up in a few thousand K's for the 24000 service and it will be interesting to see what I am quoted for that service. I will take the bike to the northern dealer if I have to but for the 400 dollars they spend nearly a day on the bike and I could sure tell the difference after I got it back!!

Only have praise for the dealer in Hobart now and the mechanic that worked on it!!!

I do all the inbetween services but let the shop do the major ones.

700 dollar services should be about 2 days work on a bike at about 80 dollars an hour and what could or would take two days to service and MV???

And that is why I could never understand the high prices Ducati used to charge for a service!!!!

AND how can you suddenly reduce Ducati service costs to half of what they once were??? Drop the standard of service of leave out most aspects or serviceable items in the service or use better oils or bearings metals etc etc????

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm coming up in a few thousand K's for the 24000 service and it will be interesting to see what I am quoted for that service. I will take the bike to the northern dealer if I have to but for the 400 dollars they spend nearly a day on the bike and I could sure tell the difference after I got it back!!

Only have praise for the dealer in Hobart now and the mechanic that worked on it!!!

700 dollar services should be about 2 days work on a bike at about 80 dollars an hour and what could or would take two days to service and MV???

And that is why I could never understand the high prices Ducati used to charge for a service!!!!

AND how can you suddenly reduce Ducati service costs to half of what they once were??? Drop the standard of service or leave out most aspects or serviceable items in the service or use better oils or bearings metals etc etc????

·
Registered
1,560 Posts

AND how can you suddenly reduce Ducati service costs to half of what they once were??? Drop the standard of service or leave out most aspects or serviceable items in the service or use better oils or bearings metals etc etc????

·
Registered
1,560 Posts

700 dollar services should be about 2 days work on a bike at about 80 dollars an hour and what could or would take two days to service an MV???

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the input. Stoney Creek is where I bought the bike (brand new). Craig Moodley seems to be a really nice guy and he was the one that quoted $700+ for the 1000 service. He says that this is the most expensive of all, but I guess it won't do any harm to call Paul Feeney and ask what I should expect to pay. Irrespective, the new guys in the city won't last long if they adopt an "no-give-a-shit" attitude with prospective customers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome to Australia........Service seems to be generally bad....Especially around Christmas..
I've been trying to buy a 312 or a 1098 for the past 4 months and nobody wants my money.....!!!!
Agree the guys in the service department are generally good at Stoney Creek..

Let us know how you go....

·
Registered
443 Posts
gazman said:
.... AND how can you suddenly reduce Ducati service costs to half of what they once were??? Drop the standard of service or leave out most aspects or serviceable items in the service or use better oils or bearings metals etc etc????
Nope - easier than that - you just double the service intervals :D!

BMW auto also did it when they added free service maintenance to purchase - if we pay for it it isn't required :smoking: but if you are willing to pay :cry: .......

While we're discussing service requirements thought I'd add it isn't always the manufacturer's recommendation. I have the service manual for my Kawasaki ZX-6 and noticed the valve clearance check for the US/Canada was every 24K km/15K mi but for all others the check is every 42K km/26K mi. Same parts, same specs, same tools, same procedures. When I asked Kawasaki why the difference I was told the 42/26 interval was Kawasaki's recommendation the 24/15 was DOT/EPA's........ I went with Kawasaki's :).

Tom

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wheelieBIN said:
Welcome to Australia........Service seems to be generally bad....Especially around Christmas..
I've been trying to buy a 312 or a 1098 for the past 4 months and nobody wants my money.....!!!!
Agree the guys in the service department are generally good at Stoney Creek..

Let us know how you go....
You looking to buy new or used?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
What ever happeend to Tim who worked in CAsoli in the North Shore???
I use to take my bike to him he use to pick it up and bring it back to my place, service and price was reasonable the only reason why i took it there was becasue he had a awesome mechanic. Im living in Dubai at the moment so am out of touch with the mV scene in OZ does action motorcycles still sell MV's that was a bad move i think for Mv the guys in there new Jack shit about them it was embarrassing....

·
Registered
298 Posts
peterpolly said:
Thanks everyone for the input. Stoney Creek is where I bought the bike (brand new). Craig Moodley seems to be a really nice guy and he was the one that quoted $700+ for the 1000 service. He says that this is the most expensive of all, but I guess it won't do any harm to call Paul Feeney and ask what I should expect to pay. Irrespective, the new guys in the city won't last long if they adopt an "no-give-a-shit" attitude with prospective customers.
At the risk of sounding like a bigot, I haven't been to them, but seems to me fairly typical East Sydney attitude. whaddaya expect when your shop is practically next door the the Ferrari/Maserati dealer?

RE Stoney Creek, I'm surprised that there's such positive feedback! I've read some pretty negative comments on their service relating to UJMs and I've experienced the service (or lack thereof) first hand, as a prospective buyer though, not a Service customer.

wnehme said:
does action motorcycles still sell MV's that was a bad move i think for Mv the guys in there new Jack shit about them it was embarrassing....
Looks like they still sell MVs, tucked up the back amongst the 100000 GSXRs they have on the floor.What's interesting is that they're not listed as dealers on the MV Oz website??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts