MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the local bike shop today to get ORV stickers for the ATVs. A dealer rep overheard me repeating "It's an MV Agusta". We chatted a bit. It seems TT Cycles in Detroit is no longer in business. Ducati Detroit has acquired the MV brand. The rep says their service department is top notch. I'll be checking them out soon.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I made arrangements to get new tires today. He tells me they have 15 new MV's arriving in two weeks and 15 more in two more weeks. I hope that Dragster RR doesn't have the same effect on me the Brutale did when I saw it in the flesh.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I wonder what happened with TT? I bought my Brutale there in 2009 and was very satisfied with their service. At least there is another in town to fill the void.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Visited the store today for new tires. Nice place, cappuccino machine at the drink bar was a nice touch. But then I did ride 80 miles in windy 47 degree weather. There was an F4 and a shifter cart in the service dept.

Also, the appearance of the Diavel is greatly improved with Termi exhaust..

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a pleasant experience. I'll go back for work I don't want to do.

When I see an F4 my eyes are always glued to those four pipes but it appeared to be intact so I would guess it's either done or waiting it's turn.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think it's still waiting its turn. Having the rear tire replaced and an overall inspection. Hopefully the weather turns soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I gave the Ducati dealer a call and was told they don't do anything MV related. I'm looking at getting the 600 mile service done as well as the gearbox checked (grinding in second and sometimes missing second).

It seems the closest in the USA for me would be Chicago. I'd rather go to the dealer in Canada as it would be closer for me and much much friendlier as well as better priced. But I was told that would void my warranty if I took it there.

Where has everyone in Michigan been taking the MV's?

·
Registered
22 Posts
This isn't Michigan but Moto Union is in Milwaukee, WI. http://www.motounion.net/

I am new to MV, so i unfortunately cannot speak towards their service. However, I did call them for a question and I feel like they were honest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all, I am glad that I'm not the only guy around here with this issue.
My water pump started leaking and after my repair it only got worse so I would like a dealer to take care of it. My last hope was Ducati Detroit :-(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just came across this thread in a Google search and thought I would shed some light....

Unfortunately, MV announced prematurely last year that we were going to become a dealer, however, only basic talks were began at that time. In the end, it didn't work out and we obviously didn't pick up the line.

The skinny on our service department, we are super busy during the season and it is hard for us to fit in Ducati's on a timely manner, let alone a bike we aren't familiar with. So, I apologize to the person who called us in August... Small jobs like oil changes and tire swaps can be done pretty much all year, but anything lengthy would get pushed back into the slower season. The big issue is that we cannot access OEM parts (unless we order from a MV dealer), owners manuals, scheduled maintenance, etc., so it makes it tough for us to do bigger jobs. We stay fairly consistent in the winter but would be open to considering jobs on an MV if needed, rather than sending you all the way to MCC, etc. Now that we are in October and going into the slower time of the year, if you have a project or a job that you need help with, give us another try, we may try to figure out a way to help.

So, that's what I've got, I know it's not the preferred answer for some of you guys but I hope it helps some. If I can help with anything, please shoot me an email to [email protected] or give us a call at 248-792-8999. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
For anyone that is in the Metro Detroit area, Triumph Detroit has been an MV Agusta dealer since August 2019. Support is back in the Detroit area!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts