MV Agusta Forum banner

new 'custom' helmet

3K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  über 
#1 ·
thanks to the guys at Dipi moto, I bought myself a new helmet.

A custom painted one:yo:

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
Very nice!

#16 ·
Like it:mouthwate

#22 ·
Dainese Airstream Helmet Concept

Well I was going to make a new thread, but since this one's top of the list right now, I'll just tack on to it.

I've looked at a lot of helmets to go with my new gear, to go with my new Brutale 1078RR. I figure it's time for an upgrade of everything, and the Icon crap that I picked up with my first Brutale 750 just isn't cutting it anymore. That said, I've decided on the Rev'it GT Black/Red jacket and pants, and their GT gloves. The boot issue is still up in the air, but I've recently looked at some nice Pumas. The helmet, though ... the helmet is a tricky part. I like the AGVs and the Arais. I like the idea of having Bluetooth. And most recently, I fell in love with the crazy design of the Airoh TR1. That said, I've tried here to get all the pluses, and none of the minuses.

The hands down best option that I can find for Bluetooth integration is the Dainese Airstream. The helmet itself isn't a bad design at all, and the technical aspect makes the decision all the easier. I'm obviously going to have to get it painted though, to make it more than just functional. This is where all those designs I saw came into play, and I came up with my own concept. Now I'm not saying it's ready to go, but I'd like some feedback! What do you guys think; about the helmet decision, the artwork, etc. Thanks in advance!

- J.

#24 ·
I'm not in love with your design. I think the original design of this thread is better. Yours has too much black and logo is too small. With the amount of $$$ your putting into it, redesign it.

Your painter may do well given freedom within a design concept. In my album is my unique helmet.

Good-luck, Peter

#25 ·
When I get home today, I'll try some more white splashed around. I agree with a dark visor, and will probably do either a black or a black/red metalic or sorts.

Thank, Reopropf, for the criticism. Again, I'll try to pull some of that black back, but I will say that I wasn't particularly looking to have an MV helmet. Now that I've looked around a bit more, though, I think that's the way to go. What the hell, right? It's not like I'm going to be riding anything else any time soon!

- J.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.