MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The good news for UK track nuts is that the new Circuit of Wales £280m circuit has been approved.

The multipurpose development will be based in Ebbw Vale in Wales.. For those who live outside the UK, Wales is the UK puppy farming capital .. ( only joking you sheep lovers)..:)

Dorna have been quoted " This is a very important programme for MotoGP and for motorsport in general"

So get your wellies out and prepare yourself for some fun in Wales.

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yep, we've been watching this with interest for the last 12mths or so, as it means we in the south west will finally have a reasonably accessible decent circuit. Shame to see the brakes being put on it - but then, who are we to think we should actually be allowed to enjoy ourselves, heaven forbid .......

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well I hope they do build something in that neck of the woods..

With Mallory Park likely to close down in the distant future for a housing development and Anglesey being so far away in Middle Earth, this proposed circuit in Ebbw Vale would come in hardy.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I thought there was WDA sorry Welsh Government money in the pot via one or two of their little "development" quango's?

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I understand, this represents the UK's largest ever privately led capital investment programme in motorsport-related business and leisure..

The project will include a 3.5 mile circuit, motocross track, an international karting track, off road driving facilities and a business park.

It's estimated that some 4000 and 6000 new jobs will be created once the development is complete..

I hope Donald Trump ( or Wiggy to his friends) isn't behind any part of this development, because look at the problems and false hope he created with that Scottish golf course venture near Aberdeenshire ..

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I hope Donald Trump ( or Wiggy to his friends) isn't behind any part of this development, because look at the problems and false hope he created with that Scottish golf course venture near Aberdeenshire ..

I saw a tv special on Trump and that Scottish golf course a couple of years ago. He's certainly an egomanial fool, but he is a business genius.

Did his golf development in Scotland go bad?

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw a tv special on Trump and that Scottish golf course a couple of years ago. He's certainly an egomanial fool, but he is a business genius.

Did his golf development in Scotland go bad?
Hi Randy

Here is a documentary that was aired a couple of weeks ago by the BBC..

If you have a spare half hour, it's worth watching this follow up documentary on Trump and his golf course plans..

Part 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFbk0dHMvdA

Part 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJGc5MkCszI

Now what do you think of Trump and his methods ?

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's good news Andrew.

That’s great new for the local economy and bikers in general..

The UK hasn’t seen a new purpose built track for some years and this new circuit will be a well needed replacement for Mallory Park.

The only negative connotation with projects like this new circuit, is if the general UK economy grows to fast and if unemployment comes down below 7% rate target set by The Bank of England , then interest rates will increase..

But I think we’ve a few years away from that happening.. I hope ! :jsm:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
That is a cool looking track. I suggest they bring that to Broward County in South Florida. It would make a nice addition to the Homestead Raceway in Miami-Dade and the Palm Beach International Raceway in Palm Beach County.

Or they can build it in Orange Country, NY (45-60 mins outside of Manhattan).

either is good for me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts