MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
As nice as the stock wingmirrors are they are pretty uselss after a while and just fold in at anything over 30kmh.
Replaced with MV Corse bar ends and Rizoma Bar end mirrors.
So those MV Corse bar ends fit over the aluminum piece on the stock bars?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So those MV Corse bar ends fit over the aluminum piece on the stock bars?
Yes, once you take out the inserts. Its a 5min job...even I could do it.

Reactions: YJP

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What inserts are you referring too?
Sorry, it is inside the MV Corse bar ends, basically they are designed to fit a few different bikes so come with some additional parts which are not needed for the Dragster. Just drop out the insert which is inside the bar end and it goes over the aluminium piece.

I got the bar ends from Evolution and the mirrors from Carpimoto.

Reactions: YJP

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ordered some carbon bits for her, namely rear fender and upper/lower chain guard.
Will also fit new gold/gold chain.

Decided to try painting (or spraying) the existing wheels in gold, the same gold as Marchesini use on their wheels.
I like white bikes with gold wheels so lets see how this turns out. Will take a few weeks however.

Reactions: Claude

·
Registered
179 Posts
They look fantastic! Can’t wait to see them installed!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
They look fantastic! Can’t wait to see them installed!
Cheers mate, should be back in a few more days, will post some pics as soon as I can.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Some pics from the workshop.

So wheels painted, carbon rear fender, carbon chain gaurds and gold chain fitted.
You may also notice i had the front fender painted to match the bikes 'white'

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
I like everything except those random red bits....that wheel nut detracts from the image in my opinion..... the gold wheels really look great (along with the front fender).

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
u sir have impeccable taste in mods. Looks incredible

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
I like everything except those random red bits....that wheel nut detracts from the image in my opinion..... the gold wheels really look great (along with the front fender).
Thanks for your feedback, the red wheel nut is supposed to match the red in the rearsets and pickup the red decals in the bike....

Will see how it grows on me...

EDIT....maybe I should add that I am colourblind so it looks great in my world....:grin2:

Lol, joking aside...I do take your point.

Reactions: Claude

·
Registered
125 Posts
As nice as the stock wingmirrors are they are pretty uselss after a while and just fold in at anything over 30kmh.
Replaced with MV Corse bar ends and Rizoma Bar end mirrors.

I have been wanting to replace the mirrors too... but how do you remove the stock bar-end? is it just using flat screw driver or is there any tricks?
I can not find any videos about how to do the replacement.

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Cheers mate, just waiting for that call from MV so I can go work for them in the design section...
haha thats the dream isnt it ? wow that would be the coolest thing ever to work for them, heck id work for free, and i even am a designer lol

·
Administrator
20,590 Posts
I have been wanting to replace the mirrors too... but how do you remove the stock bar-end? is it just using flat screw driver or is there any tricks?
I can not find any videos about how to do the replacement.
There is an allen head bolt in the bar end that expands a rubber plug inside the tubular bar, holding it in place. Kind of like a well nut. Loosen the allen bolt, give it a whack with a hammer to push the expanded rubber back a bit loosening its grip and then pull the whole thing out.

Unless the your bike has something I've not seen before.

·
Registered
125 Posts
There is an allen head bolt in the bar end that expands a rubber plug inside the tubular bar, holding it in place. Kind of like a well nut. Loosen the allen bolt, give it a whack with a hammer to push the expanded rubber back a bit loosening its grip and then pull the whole thing out.

Unless the your bike has something I've not seen before.

Thank you, let me try again using more force and power.. :smile2:
Really afraid damaging something inside...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thank you, let me try again using more force and power.. :smile2:
Really afraid damaging something inside...
It isnt difficult, thats one mod I was able to do myself. Just need some force on the allen key but once its loose its easy.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
haha thats the dream isnt it ? wow that would be the coolest thing ever to work for them, heck id work for free, and i even am a designer lol
Surely they should recruit from this site as we are all passionate about the brand!

21 - 40 of 66 Posts