MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have just bought a 2015 Dragster, just the standard, not the RR and I will track the mods/build on here.
For starters I did just order a new Sprag after reading all the issues but other than that still waiting to see what I will do to her.
Looking highly likely I will install the QD slip on, MV Corse seat and some small bits (carbon, moto corse) to clean her up.
Also very tempted by this:

https://www.designcorse.com/products/mv-agusta-f3-brutale-dragster-800-ohlins-front-fork-kit?variant=5347764437028

Maybe a little overkill but looks awesome IMO and not bad value considering you get triple clamps and it all just drops striaght in.
Bike comes to me in 2 weeks so will upload more pics as I go along.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
So I have just bought a 2015 Dragster, just the standard, not the RR and I will track the mods/build on here.
For starters I did just order a new Sprag after reading all the issues but other than that still waiting to see what I will do to her.
Looking highly likely I will install the QD slip on, MV Corse seat and some small bits (carbon, moto corse) to clean her up.

https://www.designcorse.com/products/mv-agusta-f3-brutale-dragster-800-ohlins-front-fork-kit?variant=5347764437028

Maybe a little overkill but looks awesome IMO and not bad value considering you get triple clamps and it all just drops striaght in.

At it again? :) Can't wait to see your masterpiece. We're similar in ways, but you actually finish your bikes!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DO the Ohlins upgrade, best money you wil spend.

cya
Scot.
with Ohlins equipped B1090 Corsa.
I have put it on my Christmas shopping list, it will happen, just a matter of when.

I shoud really get the bike first before I spend too much. She wont arrive for another 2 weeks.

·
Registered
820 Posts

Look good if you like the gold. Very pricey though and I'd sooner go for Matisse internals to suit. Doesn't have the bling value but on par for performance.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And so it begins.....

Thanks to Design Corse for great pricing and shipping within 10 days.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Without a doubt a top class company to deal with:grin2::grin2:
Haha, of course...:grin2:

Seriously though between EvolutionBike and Design Corse we MV owners do have 2 of the best companies to deal with. Both always exceed my expectations.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So here she is, exhaust, rearsets and new tyres (SC2) fitted.

However, seems the head bearing has gone as the bike shudders under breaking (its not warped discs) so we will replace the bearings next week.
Loving the sound of the QD without baffles althought think I may need to out the baffles back in soon.

Cant give a verdict yet until the bike is fixed. Will update after we fix the head bearing.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replaced the head bearing, installed Sprint airfilter and new lithium battery.

She starts much easier and now the head bearing is fixed I can feel the handling which I am pleasantly surprised with, easy to ride fast and throw around.
If this is any indication of the F3 then I maybe tempted.

Brake discs are warped or damaged in someway so installing Brembo supersports this week.

Will throw some pictures up soon.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MV Corse seat and new sprag.

Wont fit the sprag until its required, mine seems to be ok so far, fingers crossed.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is a nice looking seat, was there an option for a different or more foam/padding? you said it is more grippy, was the material standard or was that an option also?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is a nice looking seat, was there an option for a different or more foam/padding? you said it is more grippy, was the material standard or was that an option also?

No options, that is just as it comes from MV (or Evolutionbike). The material is just better quality, especially on the sides and for the pillion. I would say its quite hard though, but it is new.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As nice as the stock wingmirrors are they are pretty uselss after a while and just fold in at anything over 30kmh.
Replaced with MV Corse bar ends and Rizoma Bar end mirrors.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts