MV Agusta Forum banner

261 - 280 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Jholis , forgot you have Carbon wheels also. Dam, your bike must have unmatched razor sharp handling !!

Haha, she isn't bad at turning in, pretty quick after dropping a few kilos here and there.

I am not a fan of the carbon wheels though, from a aesthetic perspective, they will go soon and possibly just gloss black M10s will go on. The carbons will be up for sale.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Currently the side fairings and rear is from the WSBK set I purchased. However the belly pan is my carbon one wrapped to match and the front is my OEM AMG version.
So I needed to match the front to the WSBK scheme, the fairing on the left is the one from WSBK so you can see no headlight and has built in airtube covers/DZUS clips while the one on the right is my plain carbon one wrapped to match.
I think they did a pretty good job.

Will fit this new one soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
I also see no holes for mirrors on the WSBK front fairing. You did a great job of matching it so well.
Thanks mate.....not me though..the decal shop here in Singapore did all the work, but yes they did a great job.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Planning on making a video of my F4, some beauty shots, some action shots, some drone shots. This was me just playing about with a DJI Osmo, not as stable as I thought....or maybe it was the bottle of wine.

Full movie coming soon!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Very nice. How does she sound? Are those carbon fiber mirrors?
Thanks mate. The full video will have the sound from the exhaust...give me a few weeks to film it.
She sounds better with he baffles out but too loud for the road.

And nope, just sprayed gloss black. I have a new pair of white ones sat in the boxes but for some reason I don't mind the black.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Planning on making a video of my F4, some beauty shots, some action shots, some drone shots. This was me just playing about with a DJI Osmo, not as stable as I thought....or maybe it was the bottle of wine.

Full movie coming soon!
That looked like one of those TV shows where they purposely have a shaky camera. :wink2: Must have been the wine.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
New front fairing fitted. Quick blast early morning with a Panigale R

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Short video of the exhaust sound. Sorry I didn't rev it. This is with the baffles in, they come out for the track but just too rude for the road.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Some more track day pictures from Sepang at the weekend. Also got to ride a friends F3 675 but heavily modded with some WSS parts and full Ohlins etc.
Very different engine characteristic (obviously), had to rethink every gear and trying to keep her in the power band, great fun though.

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
very nice, such a great project your doing there...….don't want to be rude but how much has it cost so far?
Is that swinger unpainted? if so in the uk that would be a white corroded mess in days lol!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
very nice, such a great project your doing there...….don't want to be rude but how much has it cost so far?
Is that swinger unpainted? if so in the uk that would be a white corroded mess in days lol!
Never really added up the total cost to be honest. The basic F4RR came very cheap as it was sold off from a guy who had about 10 bikes, all exotic (Panigale SL, H2R, F4RR etc etc) and with only 600km on it over 4 years!. Probably got the bike at around 60% of its actual value.
I would take a guess at around $60,000 SGD for the total build, so equates to around 35K in the UK.

Not bad in my opinion as bikes are expensive here in Singapore, much more that the UK (I am from the UK) so $60k Sing Dollar would just about get you a base Panigale V4 here for example.

And yes, bare metal on the swingarm, not really an issue here with the constant 30c heat and no salt being spread around, well I hope so!

I do miss the UK for the rides down to the South of France In the sunshine, but the other 340 days of the year I don't miss it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
thanks for the reply, a lot of bike for the spend. Uk weather does suck sometimes but makes the nice days out that bit more special..... keep up the good work nice to see the development of your stunning machine.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
So the swingarm went on and both bikes went to the track.
The F3 was amazing as expected but thats for the other thread.

Surprisingly the F4 felt just as amazing, the swingarm seemed to make a massive difference. It is longer by possibly 20-30mm, much more substantial welding and seems to sit a little lower so changed the geometry a bit.
Eitherway the bike was very easy to turn, easier than before and can put all the power down with less prone to wheelies.
Very happy with the investment that I originally thought would just be a mainly cosmetic upgrade, which I do think it looks trick IMO.

Attachments

261 - 280 of 289 Posts