MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's time to open a new build thread for my recently purchased 2013 F4RR.

The bike comes to me in 2-3 days.

For anyone who has followed my previous thread here....

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/106-f4-2nd-gen-2010/174577-f4-special-build.html

Many of the parts will transferred over such as the AMG fairings. The termi exhaust may go over but I am also tempted with the SC. However as the RR is black/white I need to purchase a red fuel tank or my AMG fairings wont match. Intention is to buy the RC fuel tank from Evolution. Wish me luck.

Many more pics to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First minor order of parts from Evolution has gone in.

You can see in the picture the bike has an MV Corse tail tidy but with original indicators. These are too big for this in my opinion so ordered some Lightechs.

Additionally, changing the clutch slave to CNC to improve feel.

Will also add Progrip 717 as these are my personal fave for feel.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Is Micro tech harder/easier/same skill level to install than most other brands of ECU? I know dumb question . I love mechanical engineering hate computer programing . any help is good have bike at Eurosports in Coopersburg pa .Bought Micro tech ECU pre programed. Gave list of upgrade components to tech in England who is supposed to be well versed in the micro tech brand . Wish me luck .

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is Micro tech harder/easier/same skill level to install than most other brands of ECU? I know dumb question . I love mechanical engineering hate computer programing . any help is good have bike at Eurosports in Coopersburg pa .Bought Micro tech ECU pre programed. Gave list of upgrade components to tech in England who is supposed to be well versed in the micro tech brand . Wish me luck .
I assume you are dealing with Chris at X Bikes? if so all should be well. My mechanic installed mine, they had to make some tweaks to the map due to the high temp/moisture we have here in Singapore, all was well in the end.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So here she is....

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
However, these are the issues so far:

1, Horrible to pull off from standstill, bogs down very easy now matter how much throttle you give it. Need to check if it has the latest map from 2015 update.

2, Quick shift up works 20% of the time, blipper not at all.

3, When accelerating relatively hard and change up, there is a very short hesitation before the bike picks up. Strange thing is it seems to pick up for half a second, then hesitate and then goes fine.

4, Tyres are 4 years old so feel awful, will swap this week

5, The throttle is very loose/slack compared to my previous F4 which was cable operated. Difficult to modulate the throttle well. I hear there was a stiffer spring added at some point?

The bike is still running in as only 550km at the moment. Goes in tomorrow for new tyres and checks on the above items.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I assume you are dealing with Chris at X Bikes? if so all should be well. My mechanic installed mine, they had to make some tweaks to the map due to the high temp/moisture we have here in Singapore, all was well in the end.
I got the ECU from Evolutionbike to sustain my RG7 full exhaust and the bike runs fantastic!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So as you may know (or not) I have all the AMG RC fairings, purchased from MV earlier this year. These were fitted previously to my red/silver F4. They will now be transferred over to this RR however the fuel tank is a problem as it wont match.
As such i have ordered the 2017 RC fuel tank from MV. This is actually the MOTUL version but there is no MOTUL decals on the tank, just has white on the top which i like.

Hopefully it will arrive before Xmas but......

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
However, these are the issues so far:

1, Horrible to pull off from standstill, bogs down very easy now matter how much throttle you give it. Need to check if it has the latest map from 2015 update.

2, Quick shift up works 20% of the time, blipper not at all.

3, When accelerating relatively hard and change up, there is a very short hesitation before the bike picks up. Strange thing is it seems to pick up for half a second, then hesitate and then goes fine.

4, Tyres are 4 years old so feel awful, will swap this week

5, The throttle is very loose/slack compared to my previous F4 which was cable operated. Difficult to modulate the throttle well. I hear there was a stiffer spring added at some point?

The bike is still running in as only 550km at the moment. Goes in tomorrow for new tyres and checks on the above items.
Hey J. Would seem to be a flash issue for most of these. I noticed my MY14 is tough off the line also but it doesn't bog...in my case I think the clutch just grabs so quickly it's more like a bucking bronco than a bog. Very difficult to slip the clutch from a standstill. The throttle can be set by the dash. If it seems loose it could just be set on rain mode or it could be related to the ECU flash/TPS or all three. It's possible the ECU flash will fix your ills. Do you want to get rid of the rear seat cowl you have from the other bike? Still waiting on mine from March. :(

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey J. Would seem to be a flash issue for most of these. I noticed my MY14 is tough off the line also but it doesn't bog...in my case I think the clutch just grabs so quickly it's more like a bucking bronco than a bog. Very difficult to slip the clutch from a standstill. The throttle can be set by the dash. If it seems loose it could just be set on rain mode or it could be related to the ECU flash/TPS or all three. It's possible the ECU flash will fix your ills. Do you want to get rid of the rear seat cowl you have from the other bike? Still waiting on mine from March. :(
Thanks mate. I have tried all the settings, Rain, Normal, Sport, all awful. Checking first if it has the latest map as I am aware a number of these issues were addressed in the 2015 service update from MV.

You mean my RC seat cowl? if so, no, it will come over to this bike once the AMG fairings go on. The other cowl, plain red version I sold a while ago.
Sorry mate.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Thanks mate. I have tried all the settings, Rain, Normal, Sport, all awful. Checking first if it has the latest map as I am aware a number of these issues were addressed in the 2015 service update from MV.

You mean my RC seat cowl? if so, no, it will come over to this bike once the AMG fairings go on. The other cowl, plain red version I sold a while ago.
Sorry mate.
The quick shifter not working 100% makes it sound like the flash isn't up to date. When mine needed the flash it wasn't sluggish. It was a little weak for what it is but I wouldn't describe it as running poorly and it didn't have any hesitation but the quick shifter was spotty like yours. Sitting as long as it has without being ridden could be the gas. Dealer will get it sorted I'm sure. Good luck and can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The quick shifter not working 100% makes it sound like the flash isn't up to date. When mine needed the flash it wasn't sluggish. It was a little weak for what it is but I wouldn't describe it as running poorly and it didn't have any hesitation but the quick shifter was spotty like yours. Sitting as long as it has without being ridden could be the gas. Dealer will get it sorted I'm sure. Good luck and can't wait to see the finished product.
Cheers mate, its with the workshop now so fingers crossed. At the very least it will feel better with new tyres, 4 year old SC2's are not the grippiest it seems.

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
The newer throttle spring is an upgrade I'm planning this winter as I'm also unhappy with the lethargic and delayed feel from start. It was one of the few negatives I weighed when considering the 2013 RR over the 2012.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The newer throttle spring is an upgrade I'm planning this winter as I'm also unhappy with the lethargic and delayed feel from start. It was one of the few negatives I weighed when considering the 2013 RR over the 2012.
Where did you source this spring from? do you have a part number or anything?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
I haven't taken apart the assembly yet but if you've ridden a 15+ RR it is noticeably snappier. Perhaps start a new thread so we can collaborate on our findings.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't taken apart the assembly yet but if you've ridden a 15+ RR it is noticeably snappier. Perhaps start a new thread so we can collaborate on our findings.
Will do soon, just emailed Gabriele at Evolution, he should know. I will let you know what he says.

Worst case we can just buy the whole 2015 throttle assembly i assume..

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mate, this from Gabriele:

No spring, there is the new throttle DBW 8E00B5444 116,27 € TAX EXCL.
With new springs and modified for better low filter.

So I have ordered this whole assembly, I will update once received and fitted!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Interesting that it is the same assembly from the '14 Brutale. The threads I read regarding the stiffer spring all derived from the '15 F4. Great work.

1 - 20 of 301 Posts