MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone im looking at a bike imported and certified from ireland in Australia
So i am looking at a 04 750. has lots of extra bits:
-marchesini wheels
-headlight prot.
-power commander
- spindle prot.
- after market air filter
- new tyres + battery
and a couple of carbon bits

its done 9,900 km's and the only thing that has gone wrong with it except the alternater has been replaced last week.

He wants 14k australian for it

what you all think? good buy?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hmm

These other guys really know the bikes well. Hopefully they'll chime in soon! Did the owner use it as a track bike? I'd feel okay with that, but I'm so new it might be irrelavent!

Hi everyone im looking at a bike imported and certified from ireland in Australia
So i am looking at a 04 750. has lots of extra bits:
-marchesini wheels
-headlight prot.
-power commander
- spindle prot.
- after market air filter
- new tyres + battery
and a couple of carbon bits

its done 9,900 km's and the only thing that has gone wrong with it except the alternater has been replaced last week.

He wants 14k australian for it

what you all think? good buy?

·
Registered
968 Posts
That's an OK price, you might be able to beat him down a bit, check www.bikesales.com.au for comparisons and what else is on sale.

Do you know why he bothered importing it from Ireland rather than buying a replacement here? Importing here is very expensive if the bike isn't vintage.

Maybe if no-one else is enterested aside from you, he would agree to get the 12k service done as part of the deal

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he's saying that if he doesnt get the price he wants he will just keep it in his garage or whatever.... seems like a fairly reasonable price especially with the wheels worth about 2k or so. should i be wary of the rear bearings or any other faults?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Don't know if that's any help but I sold my 04 Brutale 750S back in 2006 for $16,000 to a friend. I had bought it new from a dealer on the Central Coast at then listed price of $25k + ORC - minor discount.
It had some 8,000km on the clock, a bit of factory warranty left, carbon bits, BMC air filter, oggie knobs, new battery and a couple of special MV tools.
As rents says, bikesales or bikepoint,
and also http://motorcycles-for-sale.com.au/browse_by_make_model/MV+AGUSTA/
are good for market comparisons.

Good luck.

Cheers.

M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts