MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just purchased this:

"2004 MV Agusta Brutale S 750cc, Red, 3500 miles.

First major service performed at MotoCorsa in Portland, standard maintenance performed by me including recent oil change with Motul and OEM filter and flushed/replaced coolant with Engine Ice. Starts and runs perfect, no mechanical problems.

Always stored in garage, and over the winters it was on a battery tender and put fuel stabilizer in it.

Mechanically it is all stock. It does have some cosmetic modifications:
Evoluzione fender eliminator
CRG Hindsight LS mirrors
Motovation bar ends with mirror mounts
Removed front signal extenders

Included with the bike:
Factory rear stand
Factory tool kit
Owner's manuals
Factory service manual
Hardwired battery tender
All factory cosmetic parts"

Has original tires, battery, fork seals, brake pads

I live in Mazatlan, Mexico and will be taking the bike there summer 2011. It will be the only MV in town. Any suggestions as to what tweaking I should do before I go. I will be upgrading the seat for sure. Fork seals? spares to take?

Bike is currently near Seattle, WA, USA and will be until I take it to Mexico.

I wouldn't mind raising the bars about one inch. Anyone used bar raisers on the Brutale? I'm 6'1" 185 lbs so the seating is cramped but doable.

riding conditions: very dusty and corrosive (I live on the beach), almost never rains during the day, roads are very bumpy.

My current ride is a BMW F650GS which I will be keeping. I needed something to keep up with the freeway traffic down here (80 - 90 mph)

I'm a competent mechanic having rebuilt gas an desiel engines and some transmissions. Have maintained the beemer for the last 10 years.

The Brutale is the most solid feeling bike I have ever been on.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Congrats on the new bike!
And welcome to the forum.
There's plenty of info and people around here that will be able to answer most of you questions
Have fun with it!!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
buy yourself a spare set of rear wheel bearings. They should not need replacement until around 7,500 miles, but youll have a hard time getting them down in Mexico when you need them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Benjamin, Its a remarkable bike, thank you. My ride home was one of the best rides of my last 40 years. If some one can tell me how to post the images I will. I'll also chronicalize my ride back to Mazatlan next year. Also I have a PDF maintenance manual (thanks to Benjamin) for the Oro, the same as the S we think, I'll post that as well if some will tell me how to do it. By the way the image in Benjamin's post is my new bike. I have never seen such RED.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Welcome to the family Mazmaz.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Last bike road trip i took:

*puncture repair kit
*small compressor which runs off the bike battery to inflate tyres :)
*cable ties
*allen keys
*Screwdriver
*stanley knife
*electrical tape
*first aid kit

I had a ventura rack/bag so packing things was easy. The above are quite small so won't take up to much space. One of the blokes crashed and the cable ties/knife/electrical tape made quick repairs a piece of cake :)

Welcome to the family to :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts