MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Thanks, interesting the ABS is not as good as the other bikes, too intrusive. I read the same complaint in another comparo test. The other test I read also complained about how overly stiff the suspension was, even on the softest setting. They had to go into the custom settings to soften it as much as they could, it was better was still too stiff, even on the raceterack.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Disappointing that it has the same issues as the gen 1 B4 750!! Stiff suspension, gutless engine below 8k RPM, now combined with crude ABS!! Simply unacceptable for £27K!! When I first saw it I was very tempted to buy one but not now.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Funny you say that about the gen1 B4. When I read about the overly stiff suspension it reminded me of my '06 910R.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Cannot wait to test ride one for myself.
Just because someone else thinks it is gutless below 8000 rpm, doesn’t mean much to me, as I don’t need race dynamics on the road. I can have just as much fun and enjoyment with 80hp as 180hp.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Cannot wait to test ride one for myself.
Just because someone else thinks it is gutless below 8000 rpm, doesn’t mean much to me, as I don’t need race dynamics on the road. I can have just as much fun and enjoyment with 80hp as 180hp.
Agreed on that point. I was more concerned about the overly stiff suspension. That combined with clip on bars can make for a very uncomfortable street ride on bumpy roads.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Every review I've seen so far makes the same comments on suspension and throttle response, from expert road testers to casual reviewers. There simply is no excuse for such issues on a premium machine costing £27K!! The Ducati streetfighter, and significantly the BMW S1000S, which is an Inline 4, don't have these problems, at £10K less!! I don't want to spend £27K then have to replace or modify the suspension for £1500 or more, and try to map the engine to sort power delivery!

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
I love these bike magazine opinions. In one review the 1000cc has no power under 8K, then in the next review of Superveloce with >20% less torque and it has "amples of grunt " :)

Im sure dyno graphs of both will be available soon and we can compare ......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts