MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hopefully not a repost.
MV Agusta continues to broaden its Brutale line, debuting the MV Agusta Brutale RR 1090 today for the 2011 EICMA show. The pinnacle of the company’s naked bike offering, the Brutale RR 1090 comes packed with 156hp from its 1,078cc inline-four motor. Though we might take issue with MV Agusta’s statement that the “Brutale RR 1090 is the most important addition to the new Brutale 2012 line-up,” as the stylish and more affordable MV Agusta Brutale 675 deserves that title more, the addition of the Brutale RR 1090 helps make more sense out of MV’s naked bike line-up, while offering an impressive package to Italian motorcycle lovers.

Designed with new camshafts, new intakes, and new throttle bodies, the 2012 MV Agusta Brutale RR 1090 benefits from the addition of a slipper clutch, eight-position traction control, and re-vamped engine mapping. Couple that to the 156 peak pony power @ 11,900 rpm, and the 183kg (403 lbs) big boy Brutale should give the Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S a run for its money in the premium street-naked segment.

Helping sweeten the deal are 50mm Marzocchi forks that have a DLC coating, while rear suspension duties are handled by a Sachs unit that features high and low speed compression dampening along with rebound and spring pre-load adjustment. Stopping power comes courtesy from the MV Agusta Brutale RR 1090′s Brembo monoblock calipers and 320mm rotors. Mated to forged aluminum wheels, the Brutale RR 1090 sheds 2 lbs in unsprung weight when compared to the standard cast wheels.

Available in three color choices, European pricing has been set at €18,800 MSRP, which makes the 2012 MV Agusta Brutale RR 1090 one expensive toy. However there is method to the madness, as MV Agusta has priced the Brutale RR 1090 under the € 19,146 price tag of the Ducati Streetfighter S, which should make things interesting. Via Asphalt&Rubber

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is this true or just a magazine getting things round their necks ?

Other than the increased power figures and the colours the spec looks the same as the 2010/11 1090 RR.

Does this new RR 1090 replace the 1090 RR ??

Confused

·
Registered
229 Posts
yes according to official UK website the is just the 1090R being the new lower spec bike and the 1090RR which is just the same as before other than another colour option.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
According to Visordown.
"Replacing the 1090RR, the confusingly-named RR 1090 joins the base 920 and mid-line R 1090 to create a three-model range. Power is up from the old (suffix) RR’s 144bhp to 158bhp thanks to some internal engine modifications – camshafts, throttle bodies and intake tracts – while weight drops from 190kg to 183kg."

·
Registered
176 Posts
Damn...

According to Visordown.
"Replacing the 1090RR, the confusingly-named RR 1090 joins the base 920 and mid-line R 1090 to create a three-model range. Power is up from the old (suffix) RR’s 144bhp to 158bhp thanks to some internal engine modifications – camshafts, throttle bodies and intake tracts – while weight drops from 190kg to 183kg."
14 more HP thats huge!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
But just hold your horses :naughty:

When HD took over, all the HP claims dropped dramatically, with H-D basically accusing the old MV of inflating claimed power figures (and deflating weights for that matter), so all this "added" HP and "lost" weight could easily be just the result of the "new" MV going back to their old calculations.

I'd wager that's exactly the case here... :shitfan:

·
Registered
176 Posts
But just hold your horses :naughty:

When HD took over, all the HP claims dropped dramatically, with H-D basically accusing the old MV of inflating claimed power figures (and deflating weights for that matter), so all this "added" HP and "lost" weight could easily be just the result of the "new" MV going back to their old calculations.

I'd wager that's exactly the case here... :shitfan:
That was my first assumption... I've never heard of a 14hp jump. The more believeable story is 2 to 3 real HP from the revised internals coupled with pre H-D power claims = the 14 HP jump.

·
Registered
302 Posts
new RR1090 figures

Hello guys
I'm a bit confused about the figures mv gives on theire website
The new 1090r and rr1090 weigh the same (183kg) but the RR shorely
must weigh less , cos it's has the forged aloy wheels for starters and other more (excpencive) trick bits I assume.
Also if you look at the performance figures , the new RR has indeed 14
horses more , but AT WHAT A COST!!, IT LOOSES 12NM and gets it only at 2000rpm later!! (100Nm at 10200 rpm , and the R model and last years RR gets 112Nm at 8200rpm)
If only one thing you don't want on a naked bike , is massive loss off NM
and a more peakier engine , if I want more hp I get an NEW F4 for shore
Also how come the new one's are 7 kg lighter than the'old' ones , all the parts are exactly the same, except off the slightly new radiator
spoiler thingy design, even the the 'old' RR weigs more than the new R?
Just my two cents , as I am looking for a new bike
(currently own a F4 2005 mamba)and would like a naked alongside my sportsbike.
cheers
Peter

·
Registered
867 Posts
+100 pikfee, i studied the figures pretty closely as i have just bought a 1090rr last weekend, imo the will weigh the same as it is indeed same engine etc, the power maybe a little higher but i doubt 14bhp, the tests will prove it, and if it is so what i want torque not a massive top end rush that you can only get at the track.

James

·
Registered
302 Posts
That's wright James
If you look even more closeley , they changed the final gearing aswell
now a 43 rear and before a 41 , this means more revs at the same speed (so they know they have a problem compared to the 2011 model), so less fuel economy
and so less total milage to the fuel tank.
I hope I can get a good deal on a stock 2011 brutale , or it's gonne a nice second hand one
cheers
Peter

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks, Peter,
I did look at the website, actually I have the English version of the same site bookmarked. The numbers stated are different, though hp is up, it gets there 1,600 rpms later & torque is down from 112NM @ 8,100 rpms to 100NM @ 10,100 rpms.
At the end of the day I don't think it's going to amount to much for most folks. I'm certainly not going to feel like I have "less" bike, just as folks with 910s should not feel like they have less bike & so on...
I do really dig the new black/gray color combo, the red pin striping really makes it pop, & I like what they did with the radiator cowls. Other than that I could not be more thrilled to own my current Brutale:)

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
207 Posts
new bruts !!

very nice!!! i think i will take the red one. show comming up this weekend at SAN MATEO FAIR GROUNDS, HOPE ONE IS THERE :mouthwate :smoking:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts