MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I am the proud owner of a new Brute 990R...

The bike is so exciting and the power and handling surprise me. I am coming from a Yamy FZ1...but there is no comparison.

I just want to cheers all of you and I hope we can share experiences.

Regards,
Celica

PS. I am living in Madrid (Spain)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Welcome celica - great bike :smoking: especially for some of Spain's fantastic roads :drummer: Love that 260 in the Pyrenees :brutale:

·
Registered
62 Posts
New Brutale Also...!

Hi there,

The bike is so exciting and the power and handling surprise me. I am coming from a Yamy FZ1...but there is no comparison.

Regards,
Celica

Hola Celica,

Welcome and enjoy your new bike. I just got a new Brutale 910 s a couple of weeks ago and went for my first ride on Sunday and took it to the hills. Very happy, fast, performance, handling, look. etc

Aguante Dani Pedrosa.

Eduardo:f4:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx all you guys...

I have only tested the bike the past weekend and found the bike some nervous at the front...I am thinking to install a steering dumper for stability reasons...

·
Registered
62 Posts
steering dumper...!

Thanx all you guys...

I have only tested the bike the past weekend and found the bike some nervous at the front...I am thinking to install a steering dumper for stability reasons...
Samething here, but those are expensive.

Good luck.
:f4:
Eduardo

·
Registered
851 Posts
celica - " found the bike some nervous at the front...I am thinking to install a steering dumper ":wtf: - have you checked the tyre pressures - I'd bet the front forks are still bit 'tight' - tried sitting well forward??

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
celica - " found the bike some nervous at the front...I am thinking to install a steering dumper ":wtf: - have you checked the tyre pressures - I'd bet the front forks are still bit 'tight' - tried sitting well forward??
I have not tested previous Brute models so I can not say about the tightness of suspenssions...I think the stability "problem" is about the attack angle of the forks and the eager acceleration...that makes, in the other way, the bike so agile...

I have contacted with FG Power Parts in Italy...they are reponsable for the MV original steering dumper accesory with out the Corse logo...

http://www.fgspecialparts.it/en/

The prize is not expensive...about 370€ for the kit for the Brutale that includes all the parts needed to install it in the bike with no modification on the bike so any user can install it without the help of the professionals...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
cong.

·
Registered
456 Posts
just like the OP above i finally pulled the trigger on a new red/silver 1090rr today.

unfortunately where i live has snow and will proabably be like this for a few days so won't be picking up the bike for a few weeks with the coming holiday weekends coming up.

needless to say its quite cold here where i am so the non riding isn't too bad. but i have to say i'm excited to get to ride the thing in a few weeks. hope that 1090rr engine lives up to the hype. i thought the 990r engine was good when i test rode that a few months ago, figure the 1090 engine can't be any worse. lol

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just like the OP above i finally pulled the trigger on a new red/silver 1090rr today.

unfortunately where i live has snow and will proabably be like this for a few days so won't be picking up the bike for a few weeks with the coming holiday weekends coming up.

needless to say its quite cold here where i am so the non riding isn't too bad. but i have to say i'm excited to get to ride the thing in a few weeks. hope that 1090rr engine lives up to the hype. i thought the 990r engine was good when i test rode that a few months ago, figure the 1090 engine can't be any worse. lol
Congrats...I hope you can enjoy yours as I enjoy mine... :)

Have you tried to ride with TC=8 and MODE=RAIN?...maybe this way you can ride a bit...

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Snow is snow, no way i'd ride my brute iin the snow.

Also good luck with the bike and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Have you tried to ride with TC=8 and MODE=RAIN?...maybe this way you can ride a bit...

don't have it yet, will pick it up when the weather gets better.

when it comes to snow the bike only comes with a traction control with settings of 1-8, unfortunately it doesn't come with the "11" setting of "instant valentino rossi bike handling skills level":)

but it would be great if it did.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome to the forum celica

Congrats on buying the greatest bike in the world ever you won't be dissapointed chief.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
don't have it yet, will pick it up when the weather gets better.

when it comes to snow the bike only comes with a traction control with settings of 1-8, unfortunately it doesn't come with the "11" setting of "instant valentino rossi bike handling skills level":)

but it would be great if it did.
jajajajaja

·
Registered
494 Posts
Congrats to Celica and Roadbiking!! Just got the new F4 myself and could not be happier!! MV's make you grin..even when you're not riding them.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hi there,

Regards,
Celica

Welcome, enjoy the ride.:yo:
Raining and cold in Portland Oregon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Celica,

I have the same bike, I took it up to 245km and never needed a steering dumper.

Check the tire pressure and the suspensions.

And welcome :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hello Celica,

I have the same bike, I took it up to 245km and never needed a steering dumper.

Check the tire pressure and the suspensions.

And welcome :)
You are late...I have just ordered the steering dumper :yo:

Tire pressure are OK and the suspensions have a track setup as the manual shows... :brutale:

I have found the front of the bike a bit nervous when you are running out of the curve with your body weight going back to get grip at rear tire and accelerating hard...

Anyway, I appreciate your advices...

I love this bike too...:mouthwate

Just a question, have you found a SERVICE manual for the 990R in your MV USB key?

Mine is not included...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts