MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there from Tyler, Texas.
After all these years of admiring these bad ass bikes from a distance; I finally grabbed me a '12 Brutale 1090 RR with 6k miles.
The bike is stock but did come with a slip on exhaust (in the box).
A few questions:
-Are there any "must do" mods that I need to be aware of?
-If I install the slip on mufflers; will I need any tuning?
-Are there any replacement pegs available that aren't so darn slippery?
-Any "issues" this this year model?
Thanks in advance,
Scott

·
Registered
465 Posts
I hated the mirrors and pegs so I changed that. Went for the Rizoma Veloce L mirrors and Oberon pegs. There's a lot of different ways to go here, so it's a matter of personal preference.

I'm not sure exactly which slip on muffler your referring to, so it's hard to say if you would need a tune or not. Most eliminate the cat converter and do the muffler. This is pretty much a complete exhaust from the header back actually. And this usually involves a re-tune.

No known issues with this model really, it's a great bike right out of the box.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I did the Rizoma pegs too - much better. Congrats on your 12 - I've only put 2k miles on my 14 but I love it. I did do shorty levers, longer toe and brake extensions in addition to the pegs. Don't forget frame sliders.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Congrats :)

Most mods people do are cosmetic, like replacing bits of plastic with carbon

No tuning should be needed for a slip on keeping factory sensors in place.

I got the MV Corse footpegs given to me by the supplying dealer, they are very similar to Rizoma, just branded, and not so expensive. Either will be fine. Oberon are good too, they also do footpeg extensions if needed.

I've done a few cosmetic mods (carbon) and changed levers, pegs, seat, exhaust. Thats really it for me. i might do the header later when I can be bothered. You do need a re-map for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts