MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys....I've been a life long rider and now I'm a first time owner of the bike of my dreams. I purchased a brand new 2012 1090RR (Red/Silver) the other day and I can't say enough about this great machine!! What a pleasure it is to ride/admire:) Haven't had the chance to open Her up yet, but just can't wait till I do. So far I've got 600 miles on Her in 3 days and I'm read to change the oil and do some more.

Almost ten years ago I laid eyes on a Brutale and I've been in love since. The other day I finally bought one. Just thought I'd say hi. Looking forward to chatting with you guys.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
welcome m8 the ole brute is a sexy bit of kit aint she had mine since 2005/6

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome Dave !

Congrats and enjoy.

:smoking:

P.S. Pics would be great ! :mouthwate

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave. That's a lovely bike you've bought. Would be great to see some pictures. The 2012 model is, I think, one of the best, as the frame welds on the 2013 model are not pretty to say the least!!
ENJOY!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hey Guys....I've been a life long rider and now I'm a first time owner of the bike of my dreams. I purchased a brand new 2012 1090RR (Red/Silver) the other day and I can't say enough about this great machine!! What a pleasure it is to ride/admire:) Haven't had the chance to open Her up yet, but just can't wait till I do. So far I've got 600 miles on Her in 3 days and I'm read to change the oil and do some more.

Almost ten years ago I laid eyes on a Brutale and I've been in love since. The other day I finally bought one. Just thought I'd say hi. Looking forward to chatting with you guys.

Thanks,
Dave
Dave,

Welcome. I waited quite a few years to get one too. Worth it. As far as break in is concerned check this site and others. Bit against traditional thinking but given modern motors are almost broken in from new makes some sense.

http://mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hello Dave
Congrats on the new bike
B shore to post some pics off the new mistress..
If it is a 2012 model, then it's the last off the thru RR's:stickpoke
cheers
Peter

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Gents....I appreciate the all the welcomes.

The bike truly is gorgeous (frame weld are impeccable to say the least:yo: - not to say the the 2013 welds are bad, just not as impressive in my opinion). And there's just something about the color scheme that sent me over the edge.

Interesting read on break in....thank you.

Pics on the way....once I figure out how to post them:)

Dave

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful machine Dave and welcome aboard. I have a 2006 910 in red/silver, my favourite colours and your 2012 is a stunner.

John.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Nice bike - congrats!

Greetz from Germany
Jochen

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys...I'm really happy with Her so far.:) Just waiting on oil and filters (coming through the mail).....and it can't come quick enough.:mouthwate

Dave

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome Dave. Real beauty. Believe you'll be real happy with her. The bike justs gets better as she breaks in.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts