MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight was my first "night ride" and at first (as dusk approached) I wasn't sure if I'd like the headlight pattern. The light pattern didn't seem very sharp, and I was afraid that I'd have problems seeing well.

I was very pleasantly surprised as the night got darker, and the light pattern became more visible, the Brutale light gave a very wide beam, far wider than other bikes I've owned, but it was a bit lower in overall intensity that some others.

I found that I had a much better overall view of the road, and when I hit the "brights" the pattern became narrower and more intense straight ahead.

Overall, a very good MV design - wide and even for city use, and bright and tight for higher speed riding. I'm impressed.

Has anyone experimented with different bulbs, and if so, have you been pleased with the results?

·
Administrator
20,083 Posts
In my "old age" I find night vision somewhat diminished...although the Brutale has a good headlight I still feel a bit blind. I keep considering HID conversion, but I ride after dark so infrequently that i can't justify the hassle.

Wonder if the 2010 headlight will bolt on and have improved luminescence??

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
In my "old age" I find night vision somewhat diminished...although the Brutale has a good headlight I still feel a bit blind. I keep considering HID conversion, but I ride after dark so infrequently that i can't justify the hassle.

Wonder if the 2010 headlight will bolt on and have improved luminescence??
+1 Eddy - I think I remember someone else asking if you could take a 990 or 1090 head-light and "bolt" it to the older models?

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's funny reading this, I've had my Brutale for nearly three years and have never been out at night (or in the rain).

Dave.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Although an expensive alternative, is there and HID kit?

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
+1 Eddy - I think I remember someone else asking if you could take a 990 or 1090 head-light and "bolt" it to the older models?

I checked this out with my dealer , and the new headlight wont fit. The new brutales have cambus wire system. So no luck there im afraid

·
Administrator
20,083 Posts
I'm not so sure...the canbus wire doesn't really apply to the headlight....I just looked at a 1090RR at the Charlotte NC dealer today. I believe it will plug right in, the wire plug to the headlight body looks very similar...also think the new mirrors will bolt right on.

I sat on it and crawled around it for a while..... hope Gina doesn't smell the other "woman" on me and get jealous. :jsm:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I'm not so sure...the canbus wire doesn't really apply to the headlight....I just looked at a 1090RR at the Charlotte NC dealer today. I believe it will plug right in, the wire plug to the headlight body looks very similar...also think the new mirrors will bolt right on.

I sat on it and crawled around it for a while..... hope Gina doesn't smell the other "woman" on me and get jealous. :jsm:
he he he ....now that's funny Ed.

...and by the way - Are you back in saddle proper ?

·
Administrator
20,083 Posts
he he he ....now that's funny Ed.

...and by the way - Are you back in saddle proper ?
Have not gone riding yet..ankle is a bit swollen still...should have gone out today (sunny and dry) but a little tentative yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts