MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I've been reading a lot on this forum for quite a few days now and last saturday I've bought my first Brutale, a 2009 990R.

A little it of history about me and my bikes;
My first bike was a '96 Yamaha FZR600R, because when it came out I was 16 and adored it! So about a decade later I bought it as my first bike.
That was the most disappointing bike I've ever owned, ride and comfort wise so sold it 3 weeks later.

My second bike was a '93 Suzuki GSX-R 750 W.
I loved that bike, rode it daily and travelled a lot with it, it was this bike that made my wife fall in love with me ;-)

My third bike my wife and me bought together, a Suzuki GSX-R1000 K2.
It was with us for exactly a year when disaster struck on the highway, a big metal building piece was right in front of me and I could not avoid it.
It left the bike totalled but it still brought me safely to the side of the road.

My fourth bike was a Suzuki GSX-R1000 K3, it was superior to the K2 but not as comfortable, still a thrill to drive though, unfortunately it was stolen from me a year later.

My fifth bike then was a Suzuki GSX-R1000 K7, more of the same, stunning looks, even less comfortable but even more of a thrill to ride, especially after I had it tuned to 180bhp on the rear wheel.

The discomfort started to show it's wear on my body so it was time for a drastic change, for weeks during winter I searched for something that is more comfortable but still a thrill to ride, the search was over when I first set eyes on the Brutale! My wife and me took an afternoon off from our jobs to have a ride on a 2010 Brutale 1090 RR. And eventhough this was it for us, the budget was not sufficient to obtain it.
A week later though a friend we found a 2009 Brutale 990R with only 3200 km's on it, we went to take a look and we were sold the minute we set eyes on it! I took it for a short test drive and came back asking where to sign!

So, ladies and gentlemen, I humbly stand before you as a proud MV owner and ask you to accept me into your community :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,950 Posts
Congratulations! Welcome! (and we are all happy you survived the highway battle whit the piece of steel to eventually enjoy the MV Agusta experience.)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Congratulations on your new bike Arend, you won't regret it.
I also switched from a history of GSXR's, and when I had my '92 GSXR 750W, it also helped my wife fall in love with me (or should I say, she fell in love with the bike and I just happened to come with it)!!!
Now she has her own Brutale. Riding the MV is more addictive than any type or make of bike that I've ever had.
The Forum here is invaluable for trouble shooting, help, funny story's and amazing engineering skills.
Would love to see some pictures of your bike.

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Welcome! We should have an NL gathering!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you all for such a warm welcome!
I'll update the first post to include a picture of the first day, don't hold it against me, I haven't even gotten home with her yet and the angle is wrong, pose is wrong etc. ;)

Madjock: yeah I suppose the same applies to me, she probably fell in love with the bike and I just happened to be the owner :)

Maximum: Sounds like a plan!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, I've now logged nearly 12k on my 990r and it has delivered everything and more I had hoped for. What a fantastic motorcycle.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Welcome. Have the same color scheme and truly enjoy it. Classic red and silver. May she bring you miles and miles of sheer riding pleasure. Mine sure has...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Donsy, yeah turns out it was an iPad problem! For some reason Safari on the iPad doesn't submit the security answers in a manor the forum accepts.

Btw, a question to all; anyone seen another 990R with a Black trellis frame in the Red/Silver combination?
I've seen 989R's with it, but never a 990R.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My frame is definitely different.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If I recall 990's weren't avail in the US in 2009.
Believe you are correct. If it's anything like my previous 2007 Tuono, it was really a 2006 European model. Must be nice they get first pick.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts