MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody, I've been on the forum a lot in the past year or so, and finally decided to get an MV! It's a red 2006 Brutale 910, with 13k miles (For $5500 :yo:).....I did have a question on the tank though, (last picture) the previous owner sent me the three screws to the tank, but they are twice as long as the other ones and don't seem to fit in there too well...does anybody know anything about this?? I'd appreciate any help, thanks

IMG_6067 by Dmbeasley5, on Flickr

IMG_6064 by Dmbeasley5, on Flickr

IMG_6071 by Dmbeasley5, on Flickr

IMG_6084 by Dmbeasley5, on Flickr

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Yes, he sent you the wrong screws. If you open your gas cap, you will see the assembly is bolted to the tank with the longer screws. The others are for looks only.

·
Registered
192 Posts
He could've had a gas filler bracket mounted tank bag & mixed up the bolts. They use 3 longer bolts to mount.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the feedback so far... Yea I really don't see how these screws could fit in the gas tank, although the seem to be made for the bike because they look identical to the ones on the tank only longer. Other than fitting these I haven't had any problems with the brutale so far, which is awesome. I've been riding the bike alot recently and love it, except for the throttle, I see now why every mentions it's "snatchy" it seems like it comes on a millimeter turn after you wanted it to. Has anybody also noticed that Thier brutale's back end come up really easily? (we all know the front does ha) Every time I stop hard I feel like I'm in a stunt show doing stoppies, it's kinda freaky when your not expecting it lol

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
...and Welcome to the family !! :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey thanks for the feedback so far... Yea I really don't see how these screws could fit in the gas tank, although the seem to be made for the bike because they look identical to the ones on the tank only longer. Other than fitting these I haven't had any problems with the brutale so far, which is awesome. I've been riding the bike alot recently and love it, except for the throttle, I see now why every mentions it's "snatchy" it seems like it comes on a millimeter turn after you wanted it to. Has anybody also noticed that Thier brutale's back end come up really easily? (we all know the front does ha) Every time I stop hard I feel like I'm in a stunt show doing stoppies, it's kinda freaky when your not expecting it lol

Check into the throttle return spring. There are two. Most people just disconnect one.

If your rear seems to be coming up under braking, you may want to check the fork settings. Is it compressing too much?

By the way...:brutale::brutale:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts