MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new MV CORSE KIT for the brutale 910!! pictures in my gallery!

Attachments

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Very nice! I was not aware of a factory corse kit for 910... is that your own creation like the white veltro?

although Brutale America is a very nice scheme, the Corse links MV's racing history with the bad ass image... very classy!

I saw the new pix of the white veotro (outdoor ones), again I just want to say "bravo".

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Certainly looks nice, :) but I like the America paint scheme better too. :smoking:

It's time for one of my daft questions again. :nerd: Anybody know why MV took the Brutale to 910cc rather than going the same as the F4 to 999? :rolleyes: Yeah, I know, you might as well ask why Ducati went for a 916cc motor, but I wondered if there was any specific reason for the choice? :cool:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no it's not my creation , it's the first number of a new edition!!! i make a corse project on the brutale there is 4 month and i just found a similar tail section on the official one! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
john said:
Anybody know why MV took the Brutale to 910cc rather than going the same as the F4 to 999?
I don't know for sure, but here are my speculations:

1) Maybe the architecture of the 750 engine only allowed it to be bored/stroked to 908cc

2) MV stated that the 1000 engine was too tall so that was ruled out.

3) Maybe they intentially made it smaller so that it wouldn't show up the 1000 engine with better performance. :laughing:

John

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think jury is out for me until seen in the flesh, I thought the red on the Corse was all wrong in pics until I saw the real thing and it was quite different and changed my initial impression to a favourable one.

Still think the red frame is horn!

·
Registered
735 Posts
agusta01 said:
Still think the red frame is horn!
what does horn mean? :confused:

i like the 2nd batch of pics better than the top of the thread

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
We had some discussion on this on yahoo about this time last year when the 910 was coming out, a lot from Phil, Tim and Mike. There were several versions running around at one time, before the 1000 was production. Now we have:

750 (749)cc: All 750's incl F4/Brutale
910 (908)cc: 910 brutale only, doesn't fit 750 frame points
1000(998)cc: 1000 F4

With HRT/factory kits:

Back when the 1000 was being developed there were a number of evolutions of that block including three (IIRC?) in the 900's, one was a 955cc IIRC and that was though to go into production. Eventually they decided to go with the new crank setup and full 998 after they got another year of development before they could release a litre. Castiglioni said many many times that this was too much for the Brutale or a naked bike. The 'assumption' is that the factory shoehorned the more appropriate smaller displacement with a unique accompaniment of crank and pistons to optimize the naked bike riding potential. The 910 shares more with the 1000 than the 750 including reduction in weight at the crank. This also let Castiglioni stay true to his word. Also IIRC none of the three configs can bolt up to the other's frame. They are very very close in overall dimension but mount points are slightly changed.

This is what I remember and extrapolated.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know more things about this bike!!! it's not a new edition but a custom brutale made for 1 customer by mv corse!!! it was made directly in the crc for him!! you can have exactly the same bike from them of course (i can sell it for france!!!!!) but it's not limited!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
alkatraxx said:
i know more things about this bike!!! it's not a new edition but a custom brutale made for 1 customer by mv corse!!! it was made directly in the crc for him!! you can have exactly the same bike from them of course (i can sell it for france!!!!!) but it's not limited!!!!!!!!!
When will your replica be ready?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
airfuel said:
I don't know for sure, but here are my speculations:

1) Maybe the architecture of the 750 engine only allowed it to be bored/stroked to 908cc

2) MV stated that the 1000 engine was too tall so that was ruled out.

3) Maybe they intentially made it smaller so that it wouldn't show up the 1000 engine with better performance. :laughing:

John
If you look at the frame to cylinder head mount-(the oval shaped one were you would fit the crash protector) you will see that the mounting bolt is towards the bottom of the oval, on the 1000 the mounting bolt is at the top of this oval and that is how much taller the 1000 is than the 750, I think the two frames are the same except for brackets? Perhaps the 1000 will not fit because the extra height interfeers with other parts like fuel tanks and airboxes?

I also have a sneaky suspicion that as the frame/head mount is the ONLY elongated motor attachment point on the frame, that a longer stroke/bigger capacity was planned from day one.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Alka you for this thread, I'm glad to see my bikes go around the world.
:brutale:
If it is possible I'll put on this thread the photos of my bike's changes ???
:)

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As you can see Meschio, it was in 2006 !!!! You can add your actual pictures now because your 910 corse have really change a lot !!!!!!!
:brutale:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts