MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any leads on what the new brutale will be in 2011 model?

on the canada site they are showing a cheaper price and only one model so far, what is everyone's take?

those of you that just got back from italy seeing the f3 at the factory did you see any new brutale models?

wondering if i should get a 2010 model or wait for the new models to come out in the summer.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Brutale 920 Dark ! Lower spec version of the current brutale.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow seriously that is what they are doing? good idea for them to finally have a bike that is a better entry point for people to then mod the heck out of that may not want to get an mv to begin with.

wonder when mv is going to put abs on their bikes as almost every other brand is doing that but they haven't yet.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it finally comes out its a lower spec brutale, good move by them, maybe they can get more younger people into the mv brand now if they can price it at around 11-13k or so US $ i think they will have a winner on their hands, but it looks like it will be closer to 14 or so.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Which I think is a mistake. It will be priced more than the B4 750S was, and still won't be a 'liter' or 'liter-plus' bike that nakeds are expected to be, in the US anyway.
I think it's just a stop-gap money grab till the 675 comes out.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but remember that you don't need all liter sized bikes to sell a bunch of naked bikes.

the ducati 695, 696 and 796 are all bikes that basically get the real money for ducati in sales, they sell a ton of the smaller sized bikes, you won't get as much for each bike but when you sell a bunch of them it adds up.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
True, but this is still a big bike (923cc) at a very high price. I don't see them selling many at all.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
agree its not going to be priced well for entry it is only slighlty cheaper than the 990r and will eat into those sales. i agree its a stop gap if and when the b3 comes out then either the 920 or the 990 is going to go, that is my guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts