MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Had a test ride yesturday on the new brutale i was very impressed smoother, quicker all together very nice, but one little niggle, there was a vibration coming from the left hand top of the bike very noticeable at low speed is this normal? has anyone else rode one? i told the instructor he didn't seem to bothered which worries me, I'm seriously thinking of getting this bike but don't think i would put up with the noise!:popcorn:

·
Registered
84 Posts
So would you say it has the same character as you know... the classic stuff? The reviews seem to imply the 1090rr is somehow not as fun and catering to an audience that only wants to show off the looks and is scared about actually riding a beast that Brutale traditionally has been... I can't decide between the '10 and the '09 models here.

·
Super Moderator
22,651 Posts
I was on the New 1099R just last week. The engine was smooth as glass and had no unusual noises emanating.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So would you say it has the same character as you know... the classic stuff? The reviews seem to imply the 1090rr is somehow not as fun and catering to an audience that only wants to show off the looks and is scared about actually riding a beast that Brutale traditionally has been... I can't decide between the '10 and the '09 models here.
I'm torn the bikes a lot smoother the gears seem more settled not like it's wanting to change up all the time. the breaks are loads better, clocks are kinda cool tyre sensors and what not. they gone for the old pull clutch in to start! overall very impressed! but only just run mine in in(1600miles) so cannot really justify the change maybe next year but will probably change for one.
seemed quicker but mine only 989r so more cc's to be expected.:drummer:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey thanks joanne! So the difference isn't all day and night then. I'm leaning towards the '10 now if only because there's always this 910 if one wants to enjoy the quirks and the perks again...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I'm torn the bikes a lot smoother the gears seem more settled not like it's wanting to change up all the time.

Remove the Cat. , so change midpipe , and dampers and ecu (mv corse) and then the bike rides as smooth as a baby.(had it done a few weeks ago) for only 800€ Transforms you,re bike completly :brutale:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Remove the Cat. , so change midpipe , and dampers and ecu (mv corse) and then the bike rides as smooth as a baby.(had it done a few weeks ago) for only 800€ Transforms you,re bike completly :brutale:
Only 800 euro's for another ECU, new midpipe and new dampers???

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Brutale 1090RR at Gold Coast

I just saw the new Brutale 1090RR in white at Gold Coast in New Hyde Park, NY....:brutale:
:mouthwate not bad for a Brutale :stickpoke

·
Registered
114 Posts
i just test rode the 990 at FBF yesterday after coming off my Senna and all i can say is MV's are defeintely great bikes...now only if they could figure out the USA marketing of appareal and parts better they would be perfect..I mean how hard is it to find even a hat or t-short here in the US..impossible.

Anywany about he the bike - IT WAS AWESOME. It was just so easy to drive. Easy to turn, easy to go fast, easy over the potholes, etc...just so damn easy it got me thinking of trading my ST4s for a new 1090(FBF already sold the first one they had) only if I could figure out a few things:
-Heated grips (oxfords should fit), windscreen for the long touring rides, Bar risers of maybe .5-1", cruise control (throttlemeister should work) and luggage(have no idea how to pack a weeks worth of luggage on this one).

I jut really think there is so much potential for a bike that is that fast, easy as sh.. to drive and comes with a 6 gallon fuel tank...WOW

I know i fit fine on the Senna and the ST, but being 6'3 I couldn't tell yet if i was too big for this naked bike.

I was originally leaning towards the new Multistrada from Ducati as a replacement for the 2004 ST, but all i can say is i was impressed.

On a side note...Ferracci knows me well enough as when i rode in the Senna, he was like don't even think about trading the Senna in for the Brut, but wait until the new F4 comes to town...he says it is amazing. Coming from him who sells many bikes including Bimota, Ducati's and MotoGuzzi's i can tell he is very excited as well. Oh yeah, he was holding the keys to the Brutale because he was using it all day as he went out with riders for test drives...not me, he just threw them and said have fun.

Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
188 Posts
if I could figure out a few things:
-Heated grips

Cruise control (throttlemeister should work)

Luggage (have no idea how to pack a weeks worth of luggage on this one).

Decisions decisions.
As to heated grips, I've fitted standard Symtec Hi-Lo 210019RR grips without any problems. I've used these for many years on a variety of bikes. They are durable and fit under the stock MV Agusta rubber grips.

Throttle friction, I held off for the longest time, but have finally come to grip, pun intended, that a 3/16 in. cross section rubber o-ring wedged between the bar end weight and the throttle grip, yields sufficient friction to hold the throttle. Certainly not expensive as a ThrottleMeister (TM) but effective. The o-ring has the additional benefit of being more tolerant to use with grip heaters. Throttle frictions like TM end-load the nylon sleeve, which elongates when heated, requiring constant fiddling with the TM. I've had 3 different end-load style devices, the TM, and two competitive brands and really tire of endless adjustments when the heat comes on. An o-ring does not.

Like you, I've yet to crack the code on luggage, but I travel very very light. 3 T's 3 jockies, 3 socks, sandals, waking shorts, Levis 501's, a sweater, and a light jacket get me by. If I can get by for 3 days I can get by for 3 months. I think I can get down the road for weeks with a tail pack and a tank bag.

If and when I go to something like an Arrow Shorty, then I'll fab up a set of pannier frames for a bit more capacity.

Being a short guy, 5' 8", the seating position suits me well without risers or a bar change.

Before buying the bike, I’d considered buying one of the small windscreens like a Biondi, but now with almost 1,000 miles of riding in chilly (40F) New Mexico mountains I’m rethinking the purchase. The angle and design of the instrument panel cover provides amazingly good coverage to my chest and mid section. My head is in unbroken clean air so I can hear my Ipod well without any burble, and at cruising speeds upwards of 75 – 80 MPH for extended periods, I find e’nuff still air on my chest and upper body that I’m not fighting fatigue.

I’d also thought of hand guards, but find the heated grips are working well enough with leather gauntlet gloves of an intermediate weight.

I love this bike,
Dick

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
where can i buy one of these windscreens?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a 1090rr and have a wicked vibration on the Right Hand side up top, it's nothing to be concerned about....It's just the MIRROR...I'm sure it was your left mirror instead of my right. I'm taking mine in to get it sorted. 200kms and the bike is a riot. Certainly nothin to bet picky about..except that mayber the dealer should have sorted it out before giving it to me as my bike vibrated right off the lot. I noticed it a couple kms later, but couldn't be bother to take it back as it was late.

·
Registered
178 Posts
To be clear, it's the mirror vibrating that is making a high pitched buzzing whine. Is that how you would describe the sound? Very minor tweak.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you wiggle the glass around in the mirror and then adjust it back to the right position, the buzzing usually goes away.

Dave.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts