MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after months of waiting or should i say years, the Brutale is here. Still in the crate, will uncrate and post pics later. Got the Red/Silver but personally i ve always liked the Black/White in the 1078 but they didnt have em being the last of the few left. It is still MV's factory color so im cool with that.

Im glad i got the original design which will end up as a classic, i do like the 1090RR of 2011/12 but the new 2013's are weird with those slash cut exhausts. If lucky maybe a New 1090RR '11 could be a nice addition later. But for now she has filled my heart. Carbon rear hugger was fitted and GSG frame + Sato engine sliders are what will go on the bike rest will be stock. Just MV Corse stickers on both the huggers to complete the look.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
here she is, wow!! red/silver looks awesome in the real, better than in photos

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Finally after months of waiting or should i say years, the Brutale is here. Still in the crate, will uncrate and post pics later. Got the Red/Silver but personally i ve always liked the Black/White in the 1078 but they didnt have em being the last of the few left. It is still MV's factory color so im cool with that.

Im glad i got the original design which will end up as a classic, i do like the 1090RR of 2011/12 but the new 2013's are weird with those slash cut exhausts. If lucky maybe a New 1090RR '11 could be a nice addition later. But for now she has filled my heart. Carbon rear hugger was fitted and GSG frame + Sato engine sliders are what will go on the bike rest will be stock. Just MV Corse stickers on both the huggers to complete the look.
Beautiful bike, congratulations! same bike and colour as mine.
I fitted the 'Sato' engine sliders some time ago....http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34452&highlight=sato check it out
for your interest.
Brian:)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good choice mate same colour as mine, I think the red +silver is the best looking..:smoking:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Be aware of the power of that bike. Yeah, it will feel fast when riding it normally, maybe even docile.
But when trying to go really fast on this bike, something changes, I don't know, it becomes a beast. It will spit you off in a split second if you don't respect her.

But it's a great great bike, a classic already.

·
Registered
241 Posts
woo-hoo!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
You bought the best one rev, I love mine and will never be selling her. Enjoy

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thank you guys : )

Where did you find a new 1078RR....?
Yeah, really?
I can understand the intrigue. Bought it in the UK, they had a few left in stock, maybe they still have one or two left. But i guess they are sold out entirely in the States.

Beautiful bike, congratulations! same bike and colour as mine.
I fitted the 'Sato' engine sliders some time ago....http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34452&highlight=sato check it out
for your interest.
Thanks for the pics mate, the Sliders arrived a few days back. Will go collect em and fix em sometime next week. Not riding her without those on.

Be aware of the power of that bike. Yeah, it will feel fast when riding it normally, maybe even docile.
But when trying to go really fast on this bike, something changes, I don't know, it becomes a beast. It will spit you off in a split second if you don't respect her.

But it's a great great bike, a classic already.
I had a few runs on a 910R before and yes, every time, the power is quicker than you'd expect, thats one super sensitive throttle and a great sense of urge. Sounds like a jet up its arse or an F1 car (has to, since Ferrari designed the engine).

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Congrats , best ever bruttie ! Those frames etc... Where nice to look at. Wires tucked away etc... The new models look shit at close up. GREAT buy :silly:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
...Sounds like a jet up its arse or an F1 car (has to, since Ferrari designed the engine).
I don't think Ferarri designed the engine on MV's (did they?:popcorn:)...I thought the story was that MV wanted their engine to sound like a Ferrari, so they took apart the exhaust on a Ferrari in order to 'mimick the poetry'...

Maybe MVista, TheKnurl or any of our other MV-encyclopedia guru's can confirm....

:)

By the way, Greny, I think your 'older' bike's look like shit - from afar and up close....although I would never say this on an MV forum, or did I just....:wtf::)

I have mates who own the latest 'newer model' F4rr, F3 and soon to buy Rivale, and they all look incredible - definately "works of art".:yo:

P.S. I also like the older bikes, but have a preference for the newer...so to all those that own the 'older bikes' (except Greny, who feels he can call my mistress 'shit up close'), I apologise...:smoking:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I don't think Ferarri designed the engine on MV's (did they?:popcorn:)...I thought the story was that MV wanted their engine to sound like a Ferrari, so they took apart the exhaust on a Ferrari in order to 'mimick the poetry'...

Maybe MVista, TheKnurl or any of our other MV-encyclopedia guru's can confirm....

:)

By the way, Greny, I think your 'older' bike's look like shit - from afar and up close....although I would never say this on an MV forum, or did I just....:wtf::)

I have mates who own the latest 'newer model' F4rr, F3 and soon to buy Rivale, and they all look incredible - definately "works of art".:yo:

P.S. I also like the older bikes, but have a preference for the newer...so to all those that own the 'older bikes' (except Greny, who feels he can call my mistress 'shit up close'), I apologise...:smoking:
I am referring to after 2009 brutties , not other Mv,s. Like the F4RR is very nice finished in real life . I made a topic about it http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45342
But if you see that all brutties before the 2010 model meant a loss to Mv.
Mostly because they were nice finished even close up. The 920 may be a very good bike to ride but , the wire finish , frame welds , sorry then I pass..... It,s that easy for me. On picture it al looks nice but when you sit next to the bike in a chair with a glass of wine , then the new bikes don,t give me a nice feel. Off course now Mv makes money on the bikes , they made them good to ride , less expensive then before :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had a few runs on a 910R before and yes, every time, the power is quicker than you'd expect, thats one super sensitive throttle and a great sense of urge. Sounds like a jet up its arse or an F1 car (has to, since Ferrari designed the engine).
Any reason why you chose a 1078R over a 910R? And, if you don't mind me asking, what sort of money is asked for such an elderly new MV? Since i'm on the hunt as well and look for a good moment to strike.

Cheers for any answer, Botty

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Thank you guys : )

I can understand the intrigue. Bought it in the UK, they had a few left in stock, maybe they still have one or two left. But i guess they are sold out entirely in the States.

Thanks for the pics mate, the Sliders arrived a few days back. Will go collect em and fix em sometime next week. Not riding her without those on.

Cheers Mate...If I could make just one suggestion/recommendation?. It would be to fit a.. 'microtec' ecu in the bike. As has already been mentioned this bike has a vicious amount of acceleration but it's coupled with a very 'snatchy' throttle...and it can catch you out.
It's one of the very first things I done to my bike when I got it in 2009..and quite honestly it transformed the 'ride-ability' of the bike. I have a microtec 191...however there are now 'newer' versions and Chris @ Xbikes.. (X81) on this forum is 'THE' man regarding the supply and installation of these.
Just a thought and suggestion regarding an 'improvement' of an already excellent bike.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I don't think Ferarri designed the engine on MV's (did they?:popcorn:)...
Actually, I think Ferrari did consult very early on on head work, or combustion chamber stuff.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts