MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's

This is my new Toy.. Now I know it only has 2 spark plugs and it's not an MV, but it's hell of a fun ride, and only second to my Old Aprilia RS 250..

and rumour has it, it doesn't suffer from over heating issues..lol

The quality of the cycle parts and finish is superb, and the several KTM dealer's that I visited or rang up, impressed me with great service .. I would say on par with Forza Italia at Silverstone, who I always refer too as a benchmark ...

Haven't had the chance to really see how it performs, because of the current weather, but as soon as we get one those crisp, dry, sunny UK winters days.. I'll be the first out for a spin..

What do you Die Hard MV guys think ??.. I'm not trying to big up KTM, just curious to know if anyone has had any experince with this model ..

Cheers

Attachments

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I've not ridden the R, actually didn't know it existed.

But I've spent time on a friends 950SM. Good fun.... easy to ride quickly. I'd look into them at some point when I find somewhere to live. Wonder how it compares to the duc hypermotard thing.

good buy.....

·
King of Bling
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nicensleazy said:
Lovely John, great fun bike! I love the Acro cans!
Cheers Warren.. You should hear them with the baffles removed.. THUNDER or as Clarkson once described the Benz SLR.. Sounds like Thorn gargling with broken glass ..

·
King of Bling
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TokyoLunch said:
I've not ridden the R, actually didn't know it existed.

But I've spent time on a friends 950SM. Good fun.... easy to ride quickly. I'd look into them at some point when I find somewhere to live. Wonder how it compares to the duc hypermotard thing.

I rode both the Hypermotard S model and a standard KTM 950 SM before making a decision on which Supermoto to buy .. and I can honestly say with hand on heart, it was a no brainer decision..

The KTM won hands down on performance, handling, quality of finish, and value for money.. The R model is only cosmetically slightly different from the Std SM.. It has a 3 Ltr smaller tank, narrower body work, slightly different suspension and only comes in Black….KTM say they are a Limited production run, but I’m not to sure about how true that fact actually is..

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Sweet looking bike John. I rode the Duc...can't wait to ride this KTM after reading your observations. Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts