MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gentlemen,

just wanted to introduce myself briefly since I'm new here.
Since last weekend I'm the proud owner of a classic MV 125 TREL Centomila from 1962 which needs restoring...
Anyway, I'm passionated in Motorbikes since I was a little boy.
I'm an engineer at a fairly well known car manufaturer based here in Maranello and to enjoy myself in my spare time i've got my motorbikes.
The bigger sister of my ("new") MV is a Ducati MS4R from 2005...

So, if somebody got good hints for restoring a 125 TREL please let me know.

So, thanks to all and cheers from Maranello

schmax

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome...!

Welcome to the forum.
I would like to see some pictures of the old bike

Eduardo:f4:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Welcome.

I would like to see some pictures of where you work. A well known car manufacturer in Maranello you say.

Hmmm...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll post some pictures of the bike soon. I need to do a photo shooting anyway... (as you do when you get a new toy)

I can't post pictures of the company I'm working for... but google up maranello and look if you find a prancing donkey somewhere... ;)

Cheers & thanks for the nice welcome!

schmax

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Welcome Schmax. I bet it's very boring working at that car factory with all those boring cars.:naughty: I'm sure you would prefer to work for MV! Lol

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Welcome, Schmax!

A development engineer in F1 who asks for help to rebuild his MV Agusta 125? Now that's something you don't hear every day! :)

I have a 125 Centomila and there are a lot of classic MV experts on here who'll happily help you. Just ask what you want to know.

Cheers,

Johan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, i know how an F1 car works (or at least kind of) but i have no idea about old MV's... ;) so help is much apprechiated!

Basically what i need are footpegs, exhaust, wheels, tyres, painting, time, patience,... and everything else you see on the picture... :)

Cheers

schmax

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hello schmax, you should be able to find the spares you need at the Mostrascambio di Reggio Emilia on the last week end of march.
The other most important thing you should do is joining the MV Agusta owner club of great britain, there are kind people in this club, always trying to help you and give you informations. The MVOC has also a great spares sheme service headed by Dorian, a great expert and a very nice guy.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi schmax and welcome to the forum and indeed the world of classic MV's.

Nice looking Centomila you have there. Looks very original apart from the seat. You should be able to find what you need without too much trouble.

The MV Owners Club GB is, as GTW36 says, a good place to go and can supply mosy of what you mention. At this point i have to own up and say that i run the classic spares scheme for the club, as well as just being a regular member of this forum. All the info you need can be found on the club website www.mvownersclub.co.uk As to being called a very nice guy and a great expert.......well i'm not sure about that:).

The bikes are very easy to work on and being located in Italy you are indeed near to a whole host of 'Scambio's' where you might be able to get parts and info.

You have come to the right place btw as there are many classic enthusiasts on this forum who will be able to help also.

Hope this is of some use and all the best.

Dorian
MV Classic Spares

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Welcome! Your very close to Imola, I travel every year to the greatest Swap Meet for motorcycles in the world, to buy parts and classics/vintage bikes. It's in September, you will find everything you need to restore your baby.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts