MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and also a new MV owner, I've owned all types of bikes though out my life, always wanted an MV and at 51 I've put the R1 in the corner.
I pick up a new 2012 F4R in a couple of weeks and just wanted a heads up of things to look out for or change.
Cheers

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you won't be disappointed in your MV. Are you sure you don't want to wait for the 2013 model though?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did see the changes to the 2013 model, but it would mean another wait, I've waited 3 months for this one
as it is now. I'm sure the 2012 will be enough bike for me, road and a few track days at Phillip Island.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hi and welcome :)

Congrats on the new bike :yo:

You've come to right place to find out all about your MV, and a little more than you bargained for :naughty:

Check the sponsors here, you would be hard pushed to find better parts, for better dollars, anywhere.......

My quick tip; As you are planning some track days, IMHO I would first look at replacing the slippery Rear Sets with something more grippy :smoking:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rob_B thanks for the tip on the rear sets, what brand do you think, on my other bikes I have fitted Woodcraft.
Cheers

·
Registered
988 Posts
Mate, depends what you want to do in the future. If you got your mind on fitting a quick shifter, get some with the linkage arms to the controls. That way you can graft in the push/pull switch.

Generally the sets with the linkages cost more. But you get more positional options, like reverse gear shift. I have used both types, the type that uses your original control levers (Fast By Ferracci), and the ones with the linkages (Sato).

The Fast By Ferracci ones had a fantastic knurled foot peg end that never gave up on me. Unfortunately, these were taken off my bike after a small, shall we say, off :ahhh: That's ok, they were cheap, and well, being rear sets for the track, they were somewhat expendable.

The Sato's ooze quality (huge thanks Trooper Lou), are tightly toleranced, with well machined linkages :smoking: The only down side is the price to replace when they grind themselves into the black top.........

I would do some searching around the Forum, check what the Sponsors have, and try to match on price-form and function, easy :stickpoke :laughing:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys had me thinking about waiting for the 2013 model, so I spoke to a dealer and he told me the following changes
Ohlins rear shock
Fly by wire
Same traction control as the F3

Due April next year and a couple of K extra

Can't wait that long, 2012 it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts