MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November 4, 2006 is a day that will live in infamy for many years to come!

Saturday, I finally had the time to drive from my new home in Tennessee to Atlanta T/D to pick up my new baby.

As many of you know, I was struggling with the decision between a 2007 F4 R and a leftover 2005 S.

Picked up the S on Saturday for a sweet price thanks to Jay and Alex at Atlanta Triumph Ducati. Just made it too good to pass up.

I had the Arrow RG3s installed, stainless midpipe and eprom all before I picked up the bike.

Rolled up to the dealer, there was the most beautiful bike I had ever seen sitting right out front with several people around it asking questions. It was my BABY! Perfectly polished and ready to go.

After completing the paperwork and writing what seemed to be a huge check, I rode it for 1 mile before loading it onto my trailer for the 210 mile jaunt home. Didn't want to highway ride the bike right out of the box during break-in.

Thanks to all on the forum for helping me make my decision as well as the many private messages I received wishing me the best on my purchase. I can say with no hesitation that I don't feel at all like I'm missing out on the R model, or like I should have bought a Senna. I LOVE this bike, just the way I have it now. I made the right choice, and saved a lot of cash by choosing the new 2005 leftover. Even have the sweet sounding pipes on there to make me happier!

Anyone interested in a first ride report now that I put 45 miles on it?

Brian
:highclap:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Congradulations. I don't remember the exact day I bought my old MV but I do remember the month and the lump in my throat when I saw it. :) Enjoy.

I saw an R model last week. Very nice but I don't feel bad about getting the S either.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just entered in the registry. Will post pics very soon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Brian meet me at the Gap this weekend.

I'm debating hauling up to the CRoT after work Friday.

Congratulations on the new bike.

Bout time you picked her up.

Oh, and no I was not the Jay you met.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
break-in smeak in...ride it like you stole it. It was broken in at the factory as evidenced by several posts, AND factory engine testing sheet pics.

Riding it gently isnot only doing nothing, it's also just delaying your pleasure of this awesome bike!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Brian,

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the flock. I noticed that you live in Maryville TN. That's only across the mountains from me. I try to get up to the Gap several times a week when I am in Robbinsville. I will be for good in 10 days. We will have to meet and ride sometime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey hey hey was it the blue and silver.... i saw it on there website and was going to look at it and alex told me they just sold it dang u

congrats on the new bike though

·
Registered
105 Posts
mikesuede said:
hey hey hey was it the blue and silver.... i saw it on there website and was going to look at it and alex told me they just sold it dang u

congrats on the new bike though
I bought the blue, and silver he had. :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I took the red/silver. I look forward to riding with you, Jim. Jay, I can meet at CRoT on Saturday if you'd like. I'm breaking her in according to the manual, so I will be pretty mellow, but that's all a bike like this needs out there anyway. I may even get my fiance to ride over with me.

Drop me a line or PM with what time you're going to be over there.

Brian

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone heading over to CROT Friday or Saturday? Weather looks to be very nice Friday.

Also, rode the bike about 80 miles today. To say the least, it was very painful. Anyone else with similar experiences? Wrists, back, legs, neck especially. Had to pull over just to take a break.

Brian

1 - 20 of 25 Posts