MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally picked up the bike on friday. I had already a dealer picture posted in another thread about the bike but i though it was pretty crappy so i just took some new ones. It's a F4 1000S from 2005 with only 710 miles. Its pretty much a brand new bike. The only thing i don't like about this bike are the front breaks. I find them a bit weak. That much power could use some better breaks. How are they on the track? anybody tried that?

:f4:

oh yeah and it has two locks. haha

·
Registered
548 Posts
Remember to take both lock off before you ride it!

Bike looks great, makes me think I should go put some polish on mine.... Or I could just go for another ride I guess :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Just pull on the brakes a bit harder mate!! My F41000S would throw me over the handle bars if I really tried! did a stoppie or two with little effort!

I have a new 312 and I think the brakes on the F$1000S were just as good! Yesterday in the rain the 312 brakes didn't feel the best!!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
do you live in a bad neighbourhood???. I put freddo race/road pads in mine work well enough for track for me

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
G'Day Timster,

I have one of those, great bike. I brought a set a race glass for it and do the occasional track day. Takes 30 minutes to go from road to track (you need to remove the front glass...4 clips, and I take the rear plate hanger off...it looks fantastic in track trim) You have to stiffen the suspension (the hard settings are fine), you need some better tyres for real fun (I went to a 55 rear for the track), and if serious add a couple of teeth to the rear sprocket and change the brake pads. They still get around great, you will have a ball.
When you are financially ready a set of RG3's and a PC111 and you will be very happy .

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Your bike looks great Tim. You could try changing the pad compound in the front brakes. I changed mine and found them much improved for fairly little outlay.:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would change the tires the stock pilots suck get some metler M3 you will see a huge diferance in your braking I did. you will think its a new bike.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Nice bike.

Enjoy it...be safe. I hope it doesn't get stolen.

coulda, shoulda...gotten a Tamburini :stickpoke

Best of luck to YOU!!!!!:drummer::f4::f4::f4:

Change brake pads; you will like the gradual feel of the brakes and they will serve you well and not flip you.

Peter

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
WHAT A DOG!... Just kidding she a beauty. They all are, but those still are the best colors. Enjoy. You might want a few more lock's though.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice bike.

Enjoy it...be safe. I hope it doesn't get stolen.

coulda, shoulda...gotten a Tamburini :stickpoke

Best of luck to YOU!!!!!:drummer::f4::f4::f4:

Change brake pads; you will like the gradual feel of the brakes and they will serve you well and not flip you.

Peter
haha. thanks peter. i know. your tambo is beautiful. i was thinking about it but then i got this one for less than 1/3 of a used tambo price and i wanted a bike that i will ride.
I might buy another MV one day just to have it in my living room. Maybe one from the 50/60s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts