MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang. I purchased a 2012 1090 Brutale R a few weeks back. I have been reading your posts, great site. I have owned bikes for 40 years, but this is my first MV. I am looking at having fun going broke changing parts out and making it mine,etc. :jsm:I would really like your thoughts,on the following:
-new exhaust
- belly pan
- computer chip, etc for exhaust
- misc
I still own a Duc, Multi , and just sold a Duc Monster that I spend $ fixing up. I have owned three other Ducs, BUT I always wants to own a MV!
The options for the MV appear limited compared to my pasts Ducs and I am looking forward to some direction from you guys that have experience with the MV bikes! Thanks in advance .
PS; I REALLY like the bike. It is a Work of Art that will rip my ears off...:f4:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AdamV, I just noticed you own a BMWs1000rr. My next bike. I came very close to purchasing one early this year. No question the fastest bike I have ever ridden ( except a Honda Blackbird with a twin turbo). The RR is a machine, scared the heck out of me!!! Loved it. I had to remember to breath when I ran it thru 1-3rd gear! I really NEED one for my collection! I need just get the nuts to drive one ( and the money after the MV)...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello gang. I purchased a 2012 1090 Brutale R a few weeks back. I have been reading your posts, great site. I have owned bikes for 40 years, but this is my first MV. I am looking at having fun going broke changing parts out and making it mine,etc. :jsm:I would really like your thoughts,on the following:
-new exhaust
- belly pan
- misc
I still own a Duc, Multi , and just sold a Duc Monster that I spend $ fixing up. I have owned three other Ducs, BUT I always wants to own a MV!
The options for the MV appear limited compared to my pasts Ducs and I am looking forward to some direction from you guys that have experience with the MV bikes! Thanks in advance .
PS; I REALLY like the bike. It is a Work of Art that will rip my ears off...:f4:
Welcome George!

The 1090 is an awesome machine and I am sure you will fall in love with her. If you are really into modifications, my advise is: start with the stock mirrors. They are USELESS. I, for example fitted a pair of Rizomas on my 2011 1090RR along with a pair of Melotti LED blinkers. I really like the looks of the stock exhaust cans but I wanted to get rid of the cat. So after debating for a while I went for Arrow headers and mid pipe (Arrow part number 71450MI) and kept the stock silencers along with the stock ECU. This set up is perfect for my liking - a bit louder and raspier but not too loud and the bike seems to run a bit cooler and smoother. There are also a ton of accessories available online - check the forum sponsors like evolutionbike.it and the others.

Cheers! :yo:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
-new exhaust
- belly pan
- misc
Welcome Mate ! Enjoy !:smoking:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome! I have a 749 and hope to always have a duck next to my MV. Although I've always wanted a Monster just to be able to run the license plate frame, "My other monster is my wife" One day...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I did not state before I took delivery I replaced the minors with Rizomas. They look great! I will check into the other recommendations. I am undecided on how LOUD I want the MV. I had a full exhaust system on my Duc and liked it, BUT it was on the bike when I purchased it. I am with you with the looks of the current cans. I will look on UTube for some recordings of the Arrow system ! Thanks

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Welcome to the site. Tamburini Corse and Moto Corse spruce up a bike quite nicely!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome! I have a 749 and hope to always have a duck next to my MV. Although I've always wanted a Monster just to be able to run the license plate frame, "My other monster is my wife" One day...
Art,
I really had a lot of fun with the Monster. If I had room I may have kept it. I really like my Multi. I keep it up in he mountains in NC. I owned a Duc 1198 S for a short period of time. TOOOOO much bike for me for street use. I did not have the nuts to turn the throttle and hang on ! Love the quote! George

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Art,
I really had a lot of fun with the Monster. If I had room I may have kept it. I really like my Multi. I keep it up in he mountains in NC. I owned a Duc 1198 S for a short period of time. TOOOOO much bike for me for street use. I did not have the nuts to turn the throttle and hang on ! Love the quote! George
Hey where do you stay in NC. We go up to Boone and Blowing Rock all the time. :yo:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Art,
We have a cabin in Sappihire Valley. I keep my Duc Multi there. We are headed up on the 27th. My wife just told me it should snow, so I will just wait till a little better weather to ride. I may take my MV up this summer. The Multi is a great all purpose bike in the mountains. The MV would be a hoot ! I plan on riding over to the Dragon this summer. If I had the money I would like to leave a sport bike in NC. A F3 would be excellent! Have you spent much time riding the Dragon?

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Okay, you're much farther west than I thought. You're near Highlands and Cullowhee. I live in Winston-Salem and we usually go up to Boone which is only about an hour. It's about three or four hours to where you are

I've never bothered to go to the Dragon, because I've always heard it was overcrowded and over policed. There are lots and lots of other great twisty roads all-around North Carolina, especially up in the mountains.

I do love that part of North Carolina, we used to go to Franklin when I was a kid to go to Ruby mining. Maybe next time you're up in the summer we will plan a trip that direction with the kids (I would love to take my daughters Ruby mining like my father took us when we were kids) and I'll trailer a bike along and meet up for a ride. I'm always interested in meeting other forum members in person and going for a ride.

Ian

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ian,
Small world. My parents also took us to the Ruby mines. I have never gone to the Dragen ,but want to make the trip once. If you ever head west we will go riding, or a fun trip would be to meet half way for an excuses to take a longer ride. This summer I will give you a heads up to the time ai will be in NC. Thanks George

1 - 18 of 18 Posts