MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello at all, I am new here and I want to show my MV Disco Volante that I have since two weeks. The MV Agusta museum confirmed me the frame number 405.../35 as a C.S.S. with Earles fork from 1954. The bike has the normel CS engine and not the CSS engine. The price was OK I think - 5950.- Euro in Slowenia. What do you think guys? Tank original steel and not a replica. I am looking for the smal cover from the left side on the engine. Did anyone have one for sale? Regards from Germany Jarno

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Very nice Jarno! I hope you ride it and enjoy it as often as you can. I have one as well and in a way, its a "Time Machine", it takes you back to the days.

My best!
Alex

·
Registered
276 Posts
Welcome Jarno! :) That's a great looking CSS Super Sport you have there. They do not turn up very often. And the price you paid seems like a bargain. I might be able to help you find a points cover, will contact you by PM message. Best, Ivan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ivan, I do not want to ride it this year. First I want to have new chrom on the parts and I will rebuilt the engine (need a new piston) and I want to look for all bearings and seals. When I can ride it next year it was OK for me. Hope I find this small cover and maybe an SS engine with number 45.... instead of mine 47.... engine. Regards from Germany Jarno

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once again....also a petrol cap was nice to have. Mine seems to be an original old one but the inner part of the cap is misssing. Is there a replica cap on the market? Regards Jarno

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello Jarno, very nice bike and a good deal. I'm also from Germany and I'm just working to restore a 175 CSTL an a 175 Sport from 1957, perhaps no Disco Volante but the same engine an frame. So let me hear of your experiences.

Best wishes

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hello at all, I am new here and I want to show my MV Disco Volante that I have since two weeks. The MV Agusta museum confirmed me the frame number 405.../35 as a C.S.S. with Earles fork from 1954. The bike has the normel CS engine and not the CSS engine. The price was OK I think - 5950.- Euro in Slowenia. What do you think guys? Tank original steel and not a replica. I am looking for the smal cover from the left side on the engine. Did anyone have one for sale? Regards from Germany Jarno
Congratulations on your beautiful bike, you seemed to have got a bargain . Well done

1 - 9 of 9 Posts