MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a 2014 brutale 675 from the dealer on Saturday. I had to drive it 9 hours to get it home on a trailer. When I unloaded the bike at my house I took it for a spin around the block. I've never drove a brutale before so I'm not sure if this is normal but at low speeds from about 0-10 mph the bike feels to me like there is something grinding. It is set on normal mode. Is this the traction control or something wrong with the bike? When the clutch is engaged it become smooth, also as the speed increases it is also smooth.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate.
Hard to tell over the internet from that description, but it's not traction control. Can you hear anything unusual , is the chain lubed etc?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assumed it would be lubed I picke it up from the dealer brand new. I will check after work.

·
Super Moderator
22,092 Posts
You may be feeling brake drag. Things haven't bedded in yet. If it is truly concerning, and it would be to me, put the bike up on a rear stand and roll the rear wheel by hand...no noise grinding that end is good.

Then put the front end up on a stand and do the same. My guess would be front brake pads bedding in.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You may be feeling brake drag. Things haven't bedded in yet. If it is truly concerning, and it would be to me, put the bike up on a rear stand and roll the rear wheel by hand...no noise grinding that end is good.

Then put the front end up on a stand and do the same. My guess would be front brake pads bedding in.
first thing i thought of, like you said even just push the bike by hand in neutral should be able to tell if its that by having a mate listen

surely this should not be happening on a new bike though? i know pads have to seat but i assumed a dealer would check that or something not that its a big deal

definitely not traction control or sport mode though

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got home last night and checked the chain everything seemed good. So I took it out And put 80 miles on it. Everything felt fantastic. I must of been tired from the 9 he drive and it was 4 in the morning when I got home. Thanks for the replies you guys rock! The brakes feel good, the front has great stopping power but the back are rather weak. But I'm guessing this is normal.

·
Registered
661 Posts
My pads on my duc were dragging when brand spanking new on manual push. It went away as soon as pads bedded. this was my experience anyways. For my MV it was silky smooth from day 1, but they put a few miles during the PDI and ran it in some. YMMV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts