MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have it on very good authority that MV will release a new model at Eicma this year but have no further information, what d'you reckon? my money is on a 675 (maybe 800/3) Hypermotard type bike :)

·
Super Moderator
22,643 Posts
A friend who just came back from the MV factory is saying an 800......

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know, just know there is a new bike preview at Varese for importers before the Milan show

·
Registered
5,096 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
this is what teh italians think/say

Riepilogando:
Per le Brutali a 4 cilindri sparirà la 920 e resteranno 990 - 1090R e RR
Verrà montato ABS?

F4
Aggiornamento motore, scarichi sempre alti, fanali nuovi a led, motore rivisto con 200 cv e nuova piattaforma inerziale e TC, simile a Aprilia e BMW.

F3
Nulla di che. Forse ABS?

B3
Nuova versione 800.
Poi?

Rivale
Sarà 800?
Sarà tipo la Multistrada o tipo Hypermotard/Dorsoduro?
Sarà tipo turismo o motard?

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
John I think your wanting a super moto!

Your not a fan of the hyper?
Hi Al

Hyper's are okay ( I like some of the Ducati models when they've been Blinged up a bit) but Supermoto's are more near the real deal and tend to be lighter in weight..

I had a KTM 690 SMC and that bike was one of the most fun rides I had on two wheels for a long time..

Supermoto love you long time Johnny !:naughty:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Yea those KTM are nice my buddy in Alaska took a 590 in Super moto it out fun as hell for a thumper! What did you think of the Suzuki 450 smr? Not street legal but fun as hell they sold out everywhere in the US I had the chance to bomb one around town...then again another single thumper.

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Big single thumper's are fun bikes.. Loads of torque and very little weight..

I've never ridden a 450 SMR.. I'm not sure we had them here in the UK ?.. We do have the Suzuki DR 450, but that's a very soft version of a Supermoto..

Although I would like MV to release a Supermoto, I very much doubt they will. The Supermoto is a small market sector and MV need a bike to appeal to the wider market..

I reckon the chances are that it will be something in the sit up and beg variety like a Hypermotard ( or maybe it could be a left over design from the Harley Davidson days, like an MV Fat Boy :jsm:)

Catch you late Al.. It’s 2am in the morning over here and its time for me to get some Zzzzzd’s.:)

·
Registered
860 Posts
this is what teh italians think/say

Riepilogando:
Per le Brutali a 4 cilindri sparirà la 920 e resteranno 990 - 1090R e RR
Verrà montato ABS?

F4
Aggiornamento motore, scarichi sempre alti, fanali nuovi a led, motore rivisto con 200 cv e nuova piattaforma inerziale e TC, simile a Aprilia e BMW.

F3
Nulla di che. Forse ABS?

B3
Nuova versione 800.
Poi?

Rivale
Sarà 800?
Sarà tipo la Multistrada o tipo Hypermotard/Dorsoduro?
Sarà tipo turismo o motard?
Thanks Hans.
Sare it. ;)

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
MV Agusta confirms 'Rivale'

MV Agusta confirms 'Rivale'
21 June 2012
MV AGUSTA boss Giovanni Castiglioni has confirmed the name of the firm's new three-cylinder machine – a road-oriented bike with some adventure leanings along the lines – will be called Rivale. Just as we predicted back in January.

Speaking to www.moto.it, Castiglioni said that the bike would be 'a new concept' with elements of supermoto and enduro, powered by an 800cc version of the firm's triple. Now, which other firm has got a 675cc three-cylinder sports bike and a 675c naked triple, plus an 800cc version of the same motor in an adventure-style bike?

Regardless of just how “new” the idea turns out to be, it sounds like the bike is now confirmed to appear at the EICMA show in Milan this autumn, although it will initially be shown as a concept bike rather than a production model. We're guessing it won't be a million miles from the Tricruiser concept made by IED Turin last year.
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/mv-agusta-confirms-rivale/20890.html

·
Registered
470 Posts
I was just @the Factory and I'm not telling. :stickpoke

What I will say is... most here should not be disappointed. This also goes for Bimota... they have something cool that will be debuted.

:popcorn:
With regards to Bimota can you give any hints? Still engine supplied by Ducati? but with a little bolt on go faster part?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts