MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'll take a black one please...dare to be different..I like it..spokes and all!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'll take a black one please...dare to be different..I like it..spokes and all!!
ME TOO !!:yo:

I seem to be shifting gears from my Ducs to the MV's. My 996 stays under the cover and i've retired the Monster ( so it seems) and am exclusively riding the Brute....

Told the wife i want the 800RR Dragster, showed her pics and she's none too happy.

... She knows the last time I was this fired up, i came home with a new bike :jsm:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ok.... i wonder, what is the main difference apart from the obvious, between the Brutale and the Dragster?
The Dragster is shorter in the sadle, but is the frame the same on both bikes? Could you turn a Dragster in to a "regular" Brutale and vice versa?
Just wondering :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Ok.... i wonder, what is the main difference apart from the obvious, between the Brutale and the Dragster?
The Dragster is shorter in the sadle, but is the frame the same on both bikes? Could you turn a Dragster in to a "regular" Brutale and vice versa?
Just wondering :)
Yes you can, just a different subframe. There however might be a different wiring loom.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks Lacsap :)
The loom might be the same, if rest of the bike is almost identical. I guess the manufacturer would like one loom that fits as much as possible, so they dont need to have one loom pr bike :)
But, its italian, so you never know :D

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
ME TOO !!:yo:

I seem to be shifting gears from my Ducs to the MV's. My 996 stays under the cover and i've retired the Monster ( so it seems) and am exclusively riding the Brute....

Told the wife i want the 800RR Dragster, showed her pics and she's none too happy.

... She knows the last time I was this fired up, i came home with a new bike :jsm:

Have another sip of the kool-aid.:yo:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
This is sex on wheels ,unbelievable ,my mate has the 1090rr and a multi strada ,told him to sell the multiI and buy this so i can ride it,I am in love again,how the hell can i get around the misses, have to think fast. Uhmm maybe say i am suffering from Dragster depression .
Oh, black and red all the way

In detail, the main features of MV Agusta Brutale 800 Dragster RR:
•In-line three-cylinder engine, 798 cc,
•Bore 79.0 mm, stroke 54.3 mm
•Maximum power 140 HP-EC (103 kW) at 13,100 rpm
•Maximum torque 86 Nm at 10,100 rpm
•Rev limiter at 13,200 rpm
•Dry weight 168 kg
•Power-to-weight ratio 1.19 kg/HP
•Tyres Pirelli DIABLO Rosso II 120/70 - ZR 17 (front) and 200/50 – ZR 17 (rear)

I want one now

·
Registered
742 Posts
I don't quite like the HP figures in relation to the rev limiter. There is no over rev so you can't actualy use the 140 horses.

·
Registered
320 Posts
... But take up all your spare time keeping them clean ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi to all, newbie to this site, though a lurker for a while. Not owned or ridden an MV before and only ridden Jap bikes, mostly Suzuki. Have been keen to buy modern bike with the "old school" spoked wheels ala the Ducati SportClassic of a few years ago. Now I have seen the Dragster RR, I ...WANT....ONE!!! The riding position looks a bit less extreme "café racer" than the SportClassic as middle age now won't let me fold up like a Swiss Army pocket knife! The seating position though may not allow much movement what with my paunch and all! Diet time! Any opinions on how the spoked rims might hold up on our crappy Aussie country roads [ I am out past Kilcoy, Somerset Dam way.] Also, does anyone from SE QLD area know if a dealer will be appointed for Brisbane in the near future or will purchase/servicing need to happen at Sunshine Coast [closest] or Gold Coast? Cheers!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Welcome .Yowie 1 ,mate they are the only 2 ,Sunshine and Moto Arena ,It will be fine for our shit roads with a bit of suspension setup,What a Great looking Bike.

cheers eddy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts