MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the problems with starting a 'collection' is it's hard to resist the 'full set'.
Well each year around this time I get to pick up the latest (pre ordered and deposited) Arai IOM TT limited edition replica helmet.
I'd mentioned previously that I wasn't so sure of the 'Matte' finish...but now having seen it and collected it I have to say ...It's gorgeous!!:mouthwate It really is much nicer in 'the flesh' than in photos...and the 'red' although 'Matte' also has a little metallic 'fleck' through it...as does the 'black'

The only thing I've yet to get are the 2014 TT visor stickers...but as they aren't available until the TT (next couple of weeks) I'll wait and pick em up then:)

Here are some photos.......

Attachments

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Very nice collection. I should do something like that with MV helmets ;)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice Brian... You've got a great collection going there and better than having money in a savings account..

:laughing:thanks John...,with this collection going on.., money in a savings account is just a memory!:laughing:

·
Registered
924 Posts
One feels you've got a Helmet fetish. Nice collection, I want one. The worse thing is every time you get your helmet out(so to speak) I keep looking at my display cabinet in my study, it would display 5 helmets very nicely, well 3 anyway, some of the models I have are to nice too kick out.
I can spot the model tanks at the bottom of your cabinet by the way.

Does your good lady know about this new addition, or are you hoping she won't spot it amongst so many.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Mvbert, you should go through Brian's previously started threads, the mans a bit of a celebrity and very much a forum legend - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47074
Thanks once again Donsy.

Very interesting Brian, your a multi talented dude. Not many can scratch build to your level. I thought I was doing ok when I cut tiny out clock faces for my Yamaha RZV500R model.

Many moons a go I used to be a professional modeler, diorama's for museums/collectors, covering most periods in history etc.
I would of read about some of your stuff in Military modelling no doubt.
You would probably like my Ray Lamb 120mm 14th century Samurai, but I never progressed to quite your league with the vehicles.

Here's one for you http://www.hyperscale.com/features/2001/ju52ir_1.htm Bought this for the wifee's Birthday. Beautiful detail on it, a real treat for some dry brushing. There is also a reasonable Vincent Black Shadow out there I did for my dad.
Can't explain as to rationally why, but after my serious head on motor cycle accident I did less and less model making.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ooooooh Brian,

you did it again :jerkoff: .

Christine still loves you when you spend so much money in these helmets ;) ??

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks once again Donsy.

Very interesting Brian, your a multi talented dude. Not many can scratch build to your level. I thought I was doing ok when I cut tiny out clock faces for my Yamaha RZV500R model.

Many moons a go I used to be a professional modeler, diorama's for museums/collectors, covering most periods in history etc.
I would of read about some of your stuff in Military modelling no doubt.
You would probably like my Ray Lamb 120mm 14th century Samurai, but I never progressed to quite your league with the vehicles.

Here's one for you http://www.hyperscale.com/features/2001/ju52ir_1.htm Bought this for the wifee's Birthday. Beautiful detail on it, a real treat for some dry brushing. There is also a reasonable Vincent Black Shadow out there I did for my dad.
Can't explain as to rationally why, but after my serious head on motor cycle accident I did less and less model making.
Funny you should mention 'Ray Lamb'?...I knew him well (back in the day)...in fact I think there is a photo of me somewhere in the house receiving one of my awards at 'Euro Militaire' on stage from an old WW2 Luftwaffe pilot with Ray Lamb and Lynn Sangster officiating.
Must look it up:)
I came across a couple of packages of old photos returned to me from 'Military Modelling Magazine' when I used to write features for them.
There are bundles of them in my loft.

Back then there were no Digital cameras...instead you used 35mm film 24/36 ISO 100.., using a Canon A1 and later a Canon EOS 100 SLR with a macro lense on a tripod with cable release and later remote release.
'Aperture Priority' on the smallest 'F stop' for maximum 'depth of field'.

You also used a 'tracing paper' overlay..,taped to the top edge of the photographs with various arrow 'pointers' and text indicating what you wanted to highlight for the editor.

Here are some photos...of those 'Photos' showing some of my work.
Ahh..., nostalga:)

Attachments

·
Registered
924 Posts
Beautiful work Brian. Regarding Ray Lamb, it's a small world sometimes eh? Did you know Richard Almond(made lovely 90mm figures)or the Father and son from Post Militaire figures?

Yep I remember my mate trying to get decent pictures of the dioramas, he would take a lot, and hoped some were good:laughing:
One of the most interesting jobs we had was for the James Bond film the Living Daylights. We produced a Waterloo and Gettysburg Diorama, with duplicate spares because of the fight scene over them. They were rigged with small explosive charges to represent small arms. It was somewhat disconcerting at pinewood studios when they wanted to retake the shot, and your craftsmanship is handed back, blown to bits for repair, and your so hoping they except the next shoot.

Are your hands good for fine detailed work now? And your eyes of course, I get ever more short sighted with each passing year. I told my old man when I got the MV that I want to continue riding whilst I can still see:laughing: I know some old duffers who have had to stop riding because their concerned their eye sight 'ain't what it used to be'.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Beautiful work Brian. Regarding Ray Lamb, it's a small world sometimes eh? Did you know Richard Almond(made lovely 90mm figures)or the Father and son from Post Militaire figures?

Yep I remember my mate trying to get decent pictures of the dioramas, he would take a lot, and hoped some were good:laughing:
One of the most interesting jobs we had was for the James Bond film the Living Daylights. We produced a Waterloo and Gettysburg Diorama, with duplicate spares because of the fight scene over them. They were rigged with small explosive charges to represent small arms. It was somewhat disconcerting at pinewood studios when they wanted to retake the shot, and your craftsmanship is handed back, blown to bits for repair, and your so hoping they except the next shoot.

Are your hands good for fine detailed work now? And your eyes of course, I get ever more short sighted with each passing year. I told my old man when I got the MV that I want to continue riding whilst I can still see:laughing: I know some old duffers who have had to stop riding because their concerned their eye sight 'ain't what it used to be'.
Yes it is indeed a small world:)
I knew/know many in the model industry...,Tony Greenland was a very good friend indeed.
I knew so many..., Shepard Paine..,Max longhurst.,Geoffrey Ilsley.., Derrick Hanson (both of them:))...,Ken Jones who was my editor..,Bill Horan..,Francois Verlinden..,Lewis Prenau.., Hiener Duske..,Hiroshi Ichimura............too many to mention!!!

Yeah my hands and my eyes:laughing::laughing:..., the curse of the 'over 40's!..., in my case over 50's!!
That's why I now work on making 'bits' for full size motorcycles:):laughing:
Amazing stuff Ian and Brian
Thanks as always Donsy...., it means a lot that you appreciate this kinda stuff:)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts