MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to put a new air filter on for a lil HP Gain any suggestions was looking at the BMC but there are two the regular and race what are the main differances is it air flow and any cons going with the race one?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have one of the units from Chris. They are well made. I can't for the life of me remember the brand but Chis from XBikes will know.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Which Bike?

looking to put a new air filter on for a lil HP Gain any suggestions was looking at the BMC but there are two the regular and race what are the main differances is it air flow and any cons going with the race one?
Hey Italian Ricketman,
We don't know what year F4 you own, but I have a "Race" BMC on my Y10 F4. I'm not to impressed with the way the Top screen snaps on to hold the filter in place.
Mine is a little too tricky to get the thing to snap-in correctly, it takes me a lot longer than it should, and if it's not right the filter won't seat correctly. (my 2cents).

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hey Joe, great to hear from you!!!! +10 on the DNA filters, that's what I'm running and I'm quite happy with them

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
I've got a DNA filter to fit in my air-box but the standard factory filter is still a good option and nothing wrong with its performance..

I doubt you'd notice any real physical difference between the two.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I really did not want to start a new thread, but when I removed my airbox to do the wellnut fix I noticed the air filter did not have the tape across the bottom of the filter slot per the manual. Is the tape necessary? Substitutions for factory tape?

Thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
I use waterproof metal tape that I got from Home Depot. It seals better than the OEM piece at substantially less cost. As far as, is it needed, not sure, but It won't hurt.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Greg,

I guess it will stop pulling in unfiltered air on the velocity stack side of the filter down the gap.

As the guys say..just go to a hardware store and buy a high temp aluminium tape to seal it up.

I have a spare BMC filter for next time I need a filter change. What's wrong with the BMC ?

joe

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Yeah I am on BMC too and want to know what's wrong with it. I doubt you can go wrong with modern day air filters now.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Greg,

I guess it will stop pulling in unfiltered air on the velocity stack side of the filter down the gap.

As the guys say..just go to a hardware store and buy a high temp aluminium tape to seal it up.

I have a spare BMC filter for next time I need a filter change. What's wrong with the BMC ?

joe
Yeah I am on BMC too and want to know what's wrong with it. I doubt you can go wrong with modern day air filters now.
Read thread #4 you Two :stickpoke, Mark was talking about the fitting of the filter on the Y10 bike :thewife:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Me and some other members (don't remember who) noticed that BMC filters didn't quite fill well into the airbox thus allowing unfiltered air to pass through. Again this is pre y10 MV's only.

As for the stock pre y10 air filters, what a huge POS they are. Large gaping holes on it where the pegs pass through the foam. I'll stick with DNA from now on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts