MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow MV Agusta lovers!
This will be my 3rd MV and I absolutely love it so far.

I have a few questions that you smart MV fellow friends might be able to answer (since Google was useless)

First, I noticed that the US models have the headlight on ALL the time. Is there a way to disable this feature so that the awesome LED headlight surround can shine like it was intended?

Any other options for luggage apart from the factory ones?

Lastly, is any other TV owner out there have a weird time using the quick shift while up shifting?
It feels very notchy at times and feels like the bike cuts out throttle for too long. Whole front end dips down like I chopped the throttle.
Please help, this is bothering me the most.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yep, in the US, the light is on all the time so, the photo sensor doesn't work the way it does in EU countries. The photo sensor is meant to be what's driving the dash lighting but the firmware hasn't been updated to support that yet (it's in the manual).

The factory is allegedly working on a top box but, I personally haven't seen any other options yes.

The quick shifter works significantly better when you're on the power (when up shifting), I find when I'm on the gas, it's much smoother. On really light throttle, it does feel a bit rough but I wouldn't say it feels like it's chopping the throttle. Down shifts work on something like up to 5% throttle but any more and it won't change. You also have very few miles on yours, it'll likely feel better over the next several hundred miles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called MV US headquarters and asked about the top box. They said they are working on it and they should have it at some point but no date was offered.
Cool! So it basically gives us time to save our pennies until they actually release it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking under the pillion seat and it looks like the rear handles are removable. My thought was to try and source out new or used handles and drill holes into them for a top box mount (plate)
Do some custom fabrication to make it work with any top box.
(Poor representation of where I was thinking of mounting a plate for top box)

then mount something like this to it:

·
Registered
261 Posts
if the rear handles can come off, then they should be able to make an adapter that adds a plate for the top box and a place to put the handles back on (or a revised pair of handles). Given the position though, I'd expect pretty limited weight limits. Basically I just want something that has a backpad for the wife and enough space for basic tools/pump/jacket liners/water bottle. I had a small 25L box on the Tiger that worked ok, though switching to a 42L is way better for longer distance functionality and comfort. I'm not seeing the TV as being the longer tour workhorse in the family though...

·
Registered
3 Posts
The seat bag for the Stradale works fine, it is a bit pricy, but it fits perfectly on the rear seat of the TV, I just got it today.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pics

Here you go Mycool, I took this one yesterday, this is the bag:
http://www.mvagusta.com/es/descubra-mv/special-parts/maletas/stradale-800/bolsa-de-asiento/

All the other ones I saw have a lot of overflow since they do not follow the form of the back seat. This bag is expandable and once you expand it if fits my full face helmet (Schuberth C3 Pro XL).

The only issue is that you need to get used to it to get on/off the bike with it, it took me a bit to find the right way without bumping on the bag or having to lift my leg over it.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
That bag looks good, and may be a better option than a topbox when riding solo.

That pic has firmed up my decision to go with the red/silver if my upcoming testride confirms that this bike is for me. :f4: The silver and the white paintjobs are also really nice, which has made it difficult to choose...:ahhh:

First World Problems...:jerkoff:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bag

Originally it was made for the Stradale, which they had at the dealership when I picked up mine, and I saw that the seat shape was the same so I tried it on my bike and it was a perfect fit, it follows the shape of the seat exactly.

As for fastening it, it comes with 2 straps, I tried fixing it under the seat but it would not close, so we had to fix it below the seat, it doesn't look bad at all, in fact you do not even notice the straps.

I got the bike on Saturday and I rode about 250km and the bag hasn't moved a bit or shifted to the sides, so all and all I'm pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ended up going down to my local Cycle Gear and bought an expandable bag that works perfectly!
It is also expandable so helps a lot!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey Boooooris, there must be something wrong with my iPad...it appears you have Turismo Veloce listed twice in your registry :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts