MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, been looking at MVs with different levels of angst since my Ducs were messed up in a moving accident last August. Finally decided today on a 2013 F3 675 EAS, new in crate, $12995 pre-tax.

I'm having the tank sealed before I pick the bike up.

Since I've only had older Ducs before, I'm looking forward to seeing what this new machine can do. I've heard the handling is phenomenal.

Got the TALK from the friend/roomie when she found out I'd bought a bike and not told her ahead of time. :thewife: Not entirely, completely, one-hundred-percent pleased. :ahhh:

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Congrats!! Enjoy and your wife will get used to it ;)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Wow! I can't believe it.
You bought finally a MV Agusta.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Congrats Dana. It's going to be a whole new world of nimble handling compared to the 996 and 900SS. Get them pics up soon! :)

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats Dana. It's going to be a whole new world of nimble handling compared to the 996 and 900SS. Get them pics up soon! :)
They promised me when they uncrate the bike I can come by and take pix. :mouthwate

I have not had a new (purchased) vehicle since my Saturn SC2, though I leased two WRX. Never had a new motorcycle at all.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Don't know about you, but I'm so wound up in anticipation of getting a new bike that I can hardly sleep the night before. Enjoy! Let us know how it goes. :)

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Congrats on a brand new motorcycle! There is something about putting the first miles on a bike that has never been ridden by anyone else. Let us know what you think of your first MV ! :yo: :f4:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
They promised me when they uncrate the bike I can come by and take pix. :mouthwate

I have not had a new (purchased) vehicle since my Saturn SC2, though I leased two WRX. Never had a new motorcycle at all.
Ya, there’s nothing like popping the crate on a new bike. :yo:
I did it on my 1985 Yamaha RZ 350 and 1986 Honda NS400R. I helped the wife with her 2001 Ducati Monster M600 Metallic as well as her 1987 Ducati Indiana.
You can see photos and read Dino’s story here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=118866&highlight=Dino's+story
Yes, it’s a long read but many have commented, emailed or PM’ed that they enjoyed the article.

I was not able to be at the dealership when my Molly was freed from her crate but, the salesman captured the event for me.
I shared those photos here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45645&highlight=crate&page=43

Enjoy the un crating and the many happy miles I hope that lay before you.
Oh and welcome to the addiction. :)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I would remove this receipt as quick as possible Dana! Privacy and accompanying reasons.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I would remove this receipt as quick as possible Dana! Privacy and accompanying reasons.
Yes Dana, poste haste!

You are showing the entire internet your full name, address, DOB, DL#, Phone# and a good copy/example of your signature all in one post!

Not to mention that you'll have a shiny new motorcycle at your place soon :jsm:

·
Super Moderator
24,102 Posts
Too late, I've copied and posted it to the International Sisterhood of the Nubian Princess. You should be getting offers of marriage and bank account accesses soon......

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I called him last night(since I had his number) and left a message. The post was deleted shortly after:)

Too late, I've copied and posted it to the International Sisterhood of the Nubian Princess. You should be getting offers of marriage and bank account accesses soon......
I will be posting my own bill of sale shortly!

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I'll ask you one last time...

Where is the location of the MV Agusta F3?

I'm far too trusting, or just obliviously bubblefied. Thanks for the heads up gentlemen. I think I'm still, mentally, in the days of closed BBS(s) and 300 baud modems.

Attachments

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now What?

Wow! I can't believe it.
You bought finally a MV Agusta.
Dealer has installed the latest firmware, and checked to see if the wire routing was correct. I'm picking it up Saturday upcoming. The tank has been sealed, dealer is installing an MV alarm (whenever the parts get in), and I'm getting an MV seat bag (whenever the parts get in).

What "tidy tail" do you recommend, and is there anything else I should do to the bike sooner than later?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I've got the Rizoma tail tidy and LED indicators and they are great, though I guess it depends on your plate size.

I recommend a steering damper and radiator guards sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
+1 on the damper. I have a Gubellini, but not the MV Agusta etched one. MV didn’t offer that until last year.

I went with GB engine guards, (Thanks Triple). :yo:

Also have the D3 standard tail tidy, (Thanks, shashankmittal) :yo:

I have LED turn signals hidden in the upper vents. I didn't cut the bracket but choose rather to use the signal mounts for the rear reflectors.
LEO's up here can be thick about the dumbest stuff. :wtf:

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Dealer has installed the latest firmware, and checked to see if the wire routing was correct. I'm picking it up Saturday upcoming. The tank has been sealed, dealer is installing an MV alarm (whenever the parts get in), and I'm getting an MV seat bag (whenever the parts get in).
Cool! Sounds like you are getting all of the bulletproofing done from the start. And +1 on the damper, MVs don't look right without them. (not to mentions the damping benefits:) )

Post some pictures when you get it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts