MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, on my recent trip up to see some of the "MV family" over the weekend, I ended up stopping at George's house in SC on the way back and gave his 1090RR a new home. It was just too good a deal to pass up on, and the only thing better than telling people you have one MV in the garage, is telling them you have two :yo: :naughty: :yo:

So, of course I have some things I want to accomplish with it to make it my own, just like anything else with an engine I have ever owned. The first thing was taking the db killers out of the lovely exhaust, riding it around the neighborhood, and consequently scaring the ever living shit out of everyone for blocks with the wonderful sound of the "popping" screams it gave on deceleration. My wife said she could here it blocks away and gave me "that look", proving that it indeed was a good choice :naughty:

Pics courtesy of George... I will take some again once I have tinkered with it :naughty:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,325 Posts
Curtis, use a good camera.....

xscuseless.gif

It's ML's bike...make sure she is dressed appropriately for the pics....

wave.gif

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Nice! Did the DB killers come out ok? The bottom one on mine took quite a bit of persuading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Did the DB killers come out ok? The bottom one on mine took quite a bit of persuading.

The top one came out pretty easily with the needle nose pliers. The bottom one was in there good, and I used a hammer slide and a hook to grab the little hole where the bolt goes through to give it a couple taps out. :smoking:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to see that you've joined the dark side of Brutale ownership!!
Lovely looking bike. I can't wait to see what you're going to do to it, to make your own.
I gotta say, this thing is like riding the Senna, but with no fairings, and I'm not laying down. Not sure how I went for so long without one. No crazy modifications on the list yet... going to play with the missing trim pieces in the photo to see what I like best, some may go back on, some may not. A touch of CF here and there maybe... pretty much just little things and getting it cleaned up. I'd like to find an oem rear pillion cover to match the paint scheme if they made such a thing.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I must say I prefer the intake covers on the bike myself. But it's one hell of a nice paint scheme.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I must say I prefer the intake covers on the bike myself. But it's one hell of a nice paint scheme.

Agreed. I want to show off as much of that frame as possible while hiding some of the engine wiring/etc. I don't really care for the big rad guards... I'd like to come up with something like the little CF side rad guards that I saw on Randy's S4RS... something just to cover the tank ends. Should be easy to secure with the stock bolt points. CF rear hugger, CF key guard, and a CF rear seat cowl if I can't find an oem one to match. Also some frame/engine/wheel protection.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Those side covers look good in carbon... :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jeez, how did I miss this thread, well done Curtis, lovely bike.

I was wondering why George is out looking for info on a Stradale.
Lol... I think he started looking when I started looking for Brutale stuff... which was about the weekend before I took it home. Since then I've been trying to talk myself out of puting the ultra-light wheels on it, and the work that comes with it.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is always room for another one. Congratulation now you got choices.
I think I will run out of money before I run out of room, lol. I still have my RC51 as well, so choices are there. Next bike will be a track bike in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Stradale did not work out so I bought a BMW S1000XR
Trator!! :stickpoke Just kidding... that's a great bike. Although not very far off from the 1090RR besides the bag options.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Trator!! :stickpoke Just kidding... that's a great bike. Although not very far off from the 1090RR besides the bag options.
That was the key, the ability to carry the wife comfortably and some ability to carry gear. No place for luggage on the Brutale

1 - 20 of 20 Posts