MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Anders and new owner of a Brutale 1078 2009 since 6 weeks. Bought it in Manchester UK and rode it 1400 km including an 18 hour ferry trip to Denmark from Harwich. 500 km in pouring rain, but she didn´t miss a single beat Ms Brute. :smoking:

I also have a Ducati Sportclassic 1000S 2007 in my garage, will keep it until next spring and see what happens then. The Brute is quite a different bike and is the new favourite. Italian bikes are addictive I think.

I just received a new headlight for use in right hand traffic, or to be more precise the front half including glass, reflector and black plastic front half of the headlight. I have the corresponding part of the UK headlamp for sale if any of you UK Brute owners need one. Seems they fall off a little bit too often. My UK headlight was very loose in the right side so it needs to be re-glued with some new adhesive. It´s been used for about 6000 miles and there are a few very small dents in the glass. Send me a mail if you are interested. I will also put it out in the used parts section (I assume there is one at the forum). £100 plus shipping. New part costed me 4400 SEK or £400 here in Sweden. It took quite some time to get since MV Agusta seem to have outsourced their spare part handling.

Anders

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
That's a hell of a journey just getting her home. You're off to a good start.
Welcome.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Anders, I am impressed I thought I did good getting my 910R from the UK back to Jersey, but you sure beat that!

I am sure you will have a number of buyers interested in the headlight glass, since as you say, they are prone to falling out!

Enjoy your Brutale and the forum, welcome.

Dave

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome to the forum Anders

Congratulations on a beautiful bike. A bike that definitely lives up to its name.

Where in Sweden are you from. It would be fun to see you in action at our redesigned course Rudskogen which is close to the border.

Greetings from Norway

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hey welcome Anders The best Brute as well :)
I am intrigued why you had to swap the headlight as I thought the headlight only dipped down and not to one side

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the welcome!

Thanks for your welcoming in the Brutale family!

The pick-up trip started in Manchester at Williams Motorcyles, a big BMW dealer, who had the 1078RR traded in. I could not find out what the previous owner bought, but probably the new 1000RR? The dealer was a real nice experience since it was a bit more complicated buying a used bike in another country and ride it home to Sweden. But full points to Williams for their excellent handling of everything.

Anyhow, the first part of the ride back home was really good. Going from Manchester to Sheffield over Snake Pass. At that time no rain either and very little traffic (strangely enough). A perfect way to get to know the new bike. Guess you UK guys nows the road.

910BrutaleHydrogenNorway - I live in Vasteras 100 km west of Stockholm. I think the Brutale works really well at the track due to its agile turning, power and brakes. I rode at swedish tracks 10-12 years ago peaking with 10 sunny days at Nordschleife at Nürburgring 1999. Those were the days, but maybe it´s time again?

Totale - the headlight has an asymetric lightbeam and in left hand traffic the low beam of the UK version beams higher at the left side to better light up pedestrians, animals and whatever can be at the road side. In Sweden we drive at the right side :) and a UK headlight will beam the oncoming traffic straight in the face. I must replace it with a headlight for right side driving to get it registered here in Sweden.

Cheers for now

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Sounds like a cool way to get a new bike, I admire your dedication !.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live in Vasteras in Sweden

Hi the_thomas,

I live in Vasteras or as spelled in swedish Västerås for us swedes. Guess that looks strange on some screens if you don´t use swedish letters?

Any idea how many Brutales there are here in Sweden? I have reduced the UK B4 1078 fleet by one at least, but we probably are well behind anyhow.

Really nice bike, but I plan to de-cat it during winter. But first I have to get it properly registered here in Sweden. It is completely stock now, even put on a pair of new Pirelli Supercorsa Pro.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nice set of bikes you got Anders, always loved the sport1000!
Not many brutales here no, in gothenburg during my first couple of year on brutales i used to meet ONE other guy on a silver 910.. He sold it a couple of years ago and now i sometimes see a guy on a 1090.
Even if this is second city of sweden (!) I still havent seen many of them since 2006!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I guess we are rather few up here who has seen the light then :)

I really like the Sportclassic, but it´s a pain in the wrist sgoing slow since seating position is quite extreme at low speeds. Higher speed lifts me up, physically as well as mentally... But best of all is the exhaust noice with open Termignonis.

On the other hand the 1078 outturns, outbrakes and overpowers the Duc at every twisty road.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Wow, Anders, that's dedication for you :yo: I still find it amazing to see what some people are willing to do to get the bike of their dreams. Respect.

Enjoy it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts