MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've mentioned in a couple of threads recently that I've been looking at a Brutale but today I finally did it.

I got a great price on a 1700 mile white 1078RR.
I managed to get a short test-ride before the snow started to fly here in Colorado. It was snowing as I unloaded it at home. :penguin:
I spent the morning cleaning it and just checking it out.

It's almost like a new bike! It was originally purchased in September so it still has 21 months of warranty left.

I can't believe how excited I am about this bike :mouthwate :drummer: :yo:

I've owned dozens of motorcycles but this purchase really feels quite special

I'm kind of excited to add a few little touches to the bike over the winter.
I think mirrors, a tail tidy, a custom seat and maybe some carbon here and there.

If anybody has recommendations on good stuff, or heck even warnings on what to stay away from I appreciate any input.

Thanks guys :smoking:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Nice work...good buy. Bummer about the weather.

Don't grab too much throttle at 6k or it will ride off without you...otherwise enjoy!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Good buy!

Stay away from power comander stuff. Do get a decat pipe and headers - Motovation accessories USA are do the best deal on these new from arrow. Max corse over in Italy are doing a good deal on some lightly used Inox ones. Both are site sponsors and Arrow and Inox are both used by MV Agusta as official parts I believe.

Carbon parts are really hit and miss unless you have shed loads of cash for official stuff. I've done allright with Besteem carbon stuff, but I've had to tweak it a little, and the Besteem carbon actually weighs about the same as the plastic. Its just for show. Just had to return some Carbonworld parts which seemed great but then didn't fit properly! I'll get there in the end though.

Nice choice mate, super bike.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats

Very good choice. You will love the bike.
I just got main about 6 weeks ago. I love her. I think that your bruty will need a sister, so start looking into a F4 1000. You do not want her to feel lonely. Right....?:f4:

Post sone pictures...!

Ohhhh, contact Alex from Gutsy Performance if you are looking into some upgrades or nice looking after market items.

Enjoy your bike.:hitit:

Eduardo

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Mike... Major Congrats! There's nothing like an MV. Period.
Hey Steve, good to hear from you :)

Don't be a stranger. I'd love to get together just to catch up on the bike experiences - I know you've done a lot since we last talked.

Oh, and Eduardo, the Bruty has plenty of company :naughty:

·
Administrator
20,376 Posts
I'm not a big fan of photo hosting sites - any way to host them on here?
Go to "Advanced" and "Manage Attachments" and upload them.

Do a search on Spencer seats for a guy that does custom padding really affordable...check with Ade (member) about custom embroidered seats.

I recommend CRG mirrors on MotoVations bar ends.

If you get a full exhaust you will need a new ECU...Check out Microtech if you want tunability, otherwise go with the MV Corse kit exhaust (includes ECU)

And congrats on your new ride...:brutale:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sweet bike. you MUST get a microtec, it really makes the bike. Also do the mirrors.

I just love the B1078, they are primal beasts that really connect with some people, and alienate others. I fkg love it....crack on wheels! One thing I have learned on mine though is this bike is ALWAYS ready to ambush you if you disrespect it or try and get too ham fisted.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks very much for the info esq'z me. :king:

I've found two different fender eliminators: one is just a simple bracket and the other is a nice piece made of machined aluminum.
Any input on either of these?

Davman,

The thing that many of you will (happily) never have to experience is the 20% power loss we live with here at high altitude.
I guess that's why I'm drawn to bikes that are ridiculously over-powered.

A good running 750 at sea-level will out perform our 1078 here...
So, ham-fisted riders can get away with much more at this altitude.

Edit: I added some photos on post #7:D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Congratulations Mike, you finally found what you wanted, hell with the building one. :yo:Are you going to tear the frame off on this one or leave this be?. Great choice, love the color combo, I was thinking about one myself if I get a good number on my Corse.:f4:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations Mike, you finally found what you wanted, hell with the building one. :yo:Are you going to tear the frame off on this one or leave this be?. Great choice, love the color combo, I was thinking about one myself if I get a good number on my Corse.:f4:
Wow LaRossa, are you selling the Corse already? How come?

Yeah, this is far better than building a custom fighter. Better frame, swingarm, and that engine! OMG I love the sound of the 1078 engine!

I'm not going to tear it down but I will be painting those ugly black wheels and doing a few other clean-up mods :naughty:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would expect nothing less from you.
Congratulations, is a beauty!
How is the position on the bike considering your height? I gather they changed a lot on the Brute in the last year or so in design dept. :yo:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would expect nothing less from you.
Congratulations, is a beauty!
How is the position on the bike considering your height? I gather they changed a lot on the Brute in the last year or so in design dept. :yo:
I'm not sure about the last changes but the 1078 is still considered the old design.
I know that it feels to me much better than the 910 but I'm not sure why, I can't tell any difference in them by looking.

I feel pretty good on the bike but I think a tiny bit taller seat and slightly lower pegs would help a bit.

Anybody have ideas on pegs?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had Moto Corses on mine and I wouldn't raccomend them, beautiful but as far as adjustability they sucked.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hey, a little note on the high altitude. I am in Indianapolis now, but moved here from Vail, CO. I may have more power on my bike down here than up where you are, but I'd take those amazing curvy mountain roads over flat corn country any day. Do me a favor. Take the ride from Minturn to Leadville and tell me how amazing it is. I drove it a dozen times, every time dreaming of being on a bike. God I miss the mountains, and passing the winter skiing more than 100 days helps to. Some day, will get an enclosed trailer for 2 bikes and make the 20 hr drive there with a buddy just to tear up the Continental divide. Enjoy.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey, a little note on the high altitude. I am in Indianapolis now, but moved here from Vail, CO. I may have more power on my bike down here than up where you are, but I'd take those amazing curvy mountain roads over flat corn country any day. Do me a favor. Take the ride from Minturn to Leadville and tell me how amazing it is. I drove it a dozen times, every time dreaming of being on a bike. God I miss the mountains, and passing the winter skiing more than 100 days helps to. Some day, will get an enclosed trailer for 2 bikes and make the 20 hr drive there with a buddy just to tear up the Continental divide. Enjoy.
No doubt the place I ride is heaven for a sporting motorcycle! I've done the Minturn Leadville route you speak of on both my Streetfighter and on a Monster and believe me the only thing the Dragon has on us is the crowds :laughing:

It really is one of the most beautiful places in the world to ride right outside my front door. The first photo is in the entrance to Redrocks amphitheater, the second photo is in my driveway:wave:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts