MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a couple of questions (see below).

After several weeks of back-and-forth vague and conflicting info between two dealers, I called yet another dealer and within 2 hours I had "straight" information on availability. I overnighted the deposits and ordered my new F4 1000R and Brutale 910R.

Both are in the Cagiva warehouse NOW, and will be shipped within 10 days! Expected arrival and delivery of BOTH before the end of September!!!!

Now the questions (just for my own peace of mind)...

I can get a Senna instead of the F4R, but have been pretty set about saving the $7K. Love the Senna, but without carbon bits and more, the Sachs shock and the wheels seem a steep premium. The 300-unit production run is almost a deterent for me to actually RIDE the Senna, as well.

{A few weeks ago, I passed on the last remaining "new-in-the-crate" Tamburini (#137/300) in San Antonio. My reasoning was that I could buy the F4R AND the 910R for less money, even though we all know the Tambo is "The DADDY". I would also be hesitant to actually take the Tambo out of my living room!}

So...... Which F4 would YOU buy with MY money to go with the 910R: Senna or F4R?! ...and WHY?!

Thanx... WYD OPN

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you get a Senna, get the original!!! Otherwise, get the R.

I know Kemal(KC- San Antonio) had an original Senna that had never been started nor had the battery installed, nothing! It was his way of saying "look at what I have and you can only dream about"!

.....along with his 916 Senna, 1026, 998RS, etc..... did I mention he had a V-Due at one time, but it was ganked!!!

I looked at it(F4 Senna) everyday as it sat right behind me!!!! He might still have it and might be willing to part with it cause he's sold the franchise. The deal is supposed to close any day now.

Anyway, I'd get the original Senna if possible, if not get an R.

Here was one on eBay recently: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=260011915538&ih=016&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

This is just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
WYD OPN said:

After several weeks of back-and-forth vague and conflicting info between two dealers, I called yet another dealer and within 2 hours I had "straight" information on availability. I overnighted the deposits and ordered my new F4 1000R and Brutale 910R.

Both are in the Cagiva warehouse NOW, and will be shipped within 10 days! Expected arrival and delivery of BOTH before the end of September!!!!

I can get a Senna instead of the F4R, but have been pretty set about saving the $7K. Love the Senna, but without carbon bits and more, the Sachs shock and the wheels seem a steep premium. The 300-unit production run is almost a deterent for me to actually RIDE the Senna, as well.

{A few weeks ago, I passed on the last remaining "new-in-the-crate" Tamburini (#137/300) in San Antonio. My reasoning was that I could buy the F4R AND the 910R for less money, even though we all know the Tambo is "The DADDY". I would also be hesitant to actually take the Tambo out of my living room!}

So...... Which F4 would YOU buy with MY money to go with the 910R: Senna or F4R?! ...and WHY?!

Thanx... WYD OPN

I think the Rs are already here. Pro Italia had one for their Cafe night about two weeks ago:

http://www.proitalia.com/reviews/cd_2006.html#

As for Senna v. R, which do you really want? Don't rationalize a $24K+ motorcycle. Get the one you really want. I'm probably a bad person to ask for advice about these things but I'd probably get a Senna only because I won't have to wait four more weeks to get one. I may be dead by then. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
what would i buy with YOUR money?? hmmm, will i get to RIDE my choice? ;)

if you want something special, get the senna. it seems the R model will be the base model for '08....maybe not with the brembo superlights though. do you know which of the 2 bikes you would like more between brute/f4? if you're not sure how much you would ride the R, then it may end up being ridden as much if you had the senna.

maybe it should come down to which one looks better, or which wheels you like better? i'd think you can't lose. so...what do i win??

·
Registered
3 Posts
WYD OPN said:

Thanx... WYD OPN
WYD OPN-

Good call on passing up the Tamb. I got my first ride on an 910 at VMD last month and I'm hooked. I can't suggest either way on the F4, but for the price difference you can put the money into an exhaust and buy an Ohlins. The Sachs is a great shock, but are there any suspension tuning shops in the US that really know how to set them up properly? You can get an Ohlins dialed in close to perfect after you set it up with the proper spring. With a bike like that the suspension is a serious part of the control.
:conveyer:

I'm new to the forum, but it looks like you've done you're homework on the bikes and the dealers in the Chicago area. I'm in Indy and I'm seriously considering a 910 (not sure about the R even thought it should be a no-brainer). In the Midwest we have little to choose from and I don't want to make the mistake I made with my last BMW (dealer in Indy is gone).

I know that this is totally off topic, but I'd like to know your advice. Considering that you're getting ready to spend some serious money on two of MV's flagship bikes I assume you have the utmost confidence in where you chose to do business. Who out of everyone you researched do you reccomend and why?

·
Registered
398 Posts
redflare said:
WYD OPN-

Good call on passing up the Tamb. I got my first ride on an 910 at VMD last month and I'm hooked. I can't suggest either way on the F4, but for the price difference you can put the money into an exhaust and buy an Ohlins. The Sachs is a great shock, but are there any suspension tuning shops in the US that really know how to set them up properly? You can get an Ohlins dialed in close to perfect after you set it up with the proper spring. With a bike like that the suspension is a serious part of the control.
:conveyer:

I'm new to the forum, but it looks like you've done you're homework on the bikes and the dealers in the Chicago area. I'm in Indy and I'm seriously considering a 910 (not sure about the R even thought it should be a no-brainer). In the Midwest we have little to choose from and I don't want to make the mistake I made with my last BMW (dealer in Indy is gone).

I know that this is totally off topic, but I'd like to know your advice. Considering that you're getting ready to spend some serious money on two of MV's flagship bikes I assume you have the utmost confidence in where you chose to do business. Who out of everyone you researched do you reccomend and why?
Redflare,

What part of Indy are you from? I am from Indy on the North East Side near Geist/Lawrence/Oaklandon area.

FYI, I get my service done at Team MCC in Villa Park, IL on my F4S. We use to have an MV dealer in Anderson, IN and that is were I got my first one. They are out of business now.

Hope you get an MV. I have never seen one in Indiana except mine!

·
Registered
3 Posts
rramseyr-

I live in the Carmel area and I'm surprised that there ever was a dealer in Anderson. How long ago? I'm considering MCC, Milwaukee, and Springfield (maybe Detroit). NOthing is that close so I'm going to need to make a long drive regardless. It looked as though WYD OPN is in the same boat and he's done his homework. This might save me some time.

I'll PM you when I take the plunge and we'll start our own MV Owners of Indiana. All two of us.

·
Registered
398 Posts
redflare said:
rramseyr-

I live in the Carmel area and I'm surprised that there ever was a dealer in Anderson. How long ago? I'm considering MCC, Milwaukee, and Springfield (maybe Detroit). NOthing is that close so I'm going to need to make a long drive regardless. It looked as though WYD OPN is in the same boat and he's done his homework. This might save me some time.

I'll PM you when I take the plunge and we'll start our own MV Owners of Indiana. All two of us.
The dealer was Lewis Suzuki back in 2002.

I again deal with Team MCC because it is close. My only grip with them is they DO NOT deal at all with price or at least not with me.

I like there service and Gregg is very helpful when needing anything from the parts department.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
redflare said:
rramseyr-

redflare-

Sent you a return PM. As far as dealers... MCC, Corse, or Hall's are ALL good choices. I've done the due-diligence. Sales and/or service, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from any of the three... MV or Ducati, etc. Don't know about Detroit... someone else here may know more.

Hope we can get together in the future. A couple other F4 750 guys are located close... Bloomington, IN for one of them.

-WYD OPN

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Huge Thanx To Everyone

To All...

I made the final decision today. I passed on the upgrade to the Senna. I got the black mono F4R to go with the 910R. Both are expected to arrive at the dealer by September 8th! Unbelievable!! I guess my 2/3 race exhaust will arrive shortly after... in October... of 2010!!!

A huge THANX to all who responded. I carefully considered all the opinions and suggestions, and decided I would be less likely to ride the Senna. With only about 60 in North AND South America, I feel more comfortable riding the 1000R.

Admin... I will register upon arrival! Album pics to follow.

Again, much thanx to all who responded.
...WYD OPN

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
WYD OPN said:

Thanx... WYD OPN
Nice choice, I envy your position to be able to buy both, I would go with the 1000R and 910R as well instead of the Tamburini, I strongly suspect the 1000R will be a better bike to ride than the Tamburini due to brakes and new ecu etc, I also agree with your thoughts that the Senna is too much extra $ for what you get in return, heck, If I wanted to give to a charity there's a few closer to home that would get my vote!
I'm not sure at all about ltd edition bikes :confused: I tend to think that things move on, and in two years time when MV bring out an F4 replacement, perhaps the Tamburini will be worth about the same as the new one then? You then need to ask your self which one you would go for: I had a similar desicion when I bought the 1000 in 04, a brand new F4 1000 or a two year old 750 Senna for the same price :)

Oh! A nice little collection of bikes you have there as well :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Great choices and stable - cornering the market :smoking:

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To All...

My dealer called, and both Rs arrived yesterday. I'll be picking them up this weekend! Can't wait... wonder which I'll ride first?

Again... thanx to all who responded to my queries. This is a great community of enthusiasts.

Maybe I'll start a new thread after official delivery. Registry and album entries to follow.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts