MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New for 2006 !!

We had the opportunity to borrow an Aprilia Mille RSV-R. We went about capturing this brutal sportsbike on film....
Download the movie here and enjoy. :)

http://www.velocemoto.net/video/rsv.wmv

I'll be posting another new movie here very soon with the MV F4 up against Ducati's classic 996.....it's a beauty !

Pete

·
Registered
26 Posts
velemoto rsv video

quite superb, great photography, another type of motorcycle art, keep them coming :toothless

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Watched half of V3 today (ran out of time) and enjoyed it very much and though this is my first Velocemoto DVD I have all your online clips and have to say you guys keep getting better and dare I say have some genuine artistic flair...are you getting outside help??? Look forward to your next one.

How was the RSV, any thoughts of selling the MV after that?

Care to give us a brief comparison?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rocket,
Glad you liked the DVD....no outside help ...all us :)
It's a learning process we're going through...the more we learn the better the movies get.
I'm a Automotive Designer by trade, so I guess that's where the "artistic" bit comes from...

As for the Mille............great bike, but there's no way on earth I'd swap the MV for it.
It's a very tall bike, and big in size, but a lot lighter than the MV. I've ridden it on the road and on the track, and it's easy to ride very fast. The suspension is top notch {Ohlins} which gives lots of confidence from the outset. The motor is OK, but it's fairly dull and characterless. The build quality is appauling, especially when comparing it to an MV. Gearbox is crap, heavy and notchy.
It's comfier than the MV, more relaxed riding position, softer seat.

The MV would match it for top speed easily, but obviously the Mille pulls a lot harder down low....

It's a big, viby, brutish imposing type of bike....and very quick once you re-adjust to it's strengths....but hopping back on the MV the next day, it was like chalk and cheese. My MV is 5 years old, but it felt so tight, so true after the Mille...like a scalpal. It's like a finely tuned swiss watch in comparison to the Aprilia. With the in-line 4 bouncing off the limiter and the tires and suspension doing all the right things..the silky gearbox, the perfect clutch..........it was clear the MV is my weapon of choice.

Keeping the MV howling near the top of the revs, on brand new rubber, it's still a very, very competant sportsbike, even after 5 years of sportsbike developement has rushed by her....

I think I'll go out to the garage and clean her.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Velocemoto,

Thanks for the review.

I had a friend (999 rider) trying to talk me out of my MV purchase...and into an RSV (or Duc) :p :p :p I have a deposit on one now and am just waiting to sell something before I pick it up, it's taking longer than I thought and the wait is killing me.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
wow. i wonder if owners of all of those bikes have ever ridden an MV and said, "boy my bike sucks!". if not, then i wonder what their reason would be to NOT pick an MV. only thing i can think of is being a twin lover.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's easy...

Aprilia owner is a "twin only" rider, set in his ways, and desmisses the MV everytime... even though the MV woops him every at trackday :)

996 Owner would take an MV if he could...his 996 is secondhand, and it's right on his budget...MV might push him over the edge. He rides mine frequently and marvels at it's poise.

Benelli owner was a big boy, yet loved the MV....he asked to sit on mine and he went all starry eyed. He's got a shitload of cash, so he'll probably get one eventually.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Smallest displacement maybe...but it's top end is the best.
Paul Feeney {X-Racer and importer of MV into Australia} has ridden my MV and said it's by far the strongest Evo 1 he's sampled...he labelled it as freaky the amount of pull it has for an early MV.....Rob Parsons from the PFG did the fueling and setup.

I've ridden all these bikes here {except Benelli} and the MV is just quicker than the 996....and a match for the Mille. It sees the biggest numbers at the bottom of Gardener straight :grin:
This is straight line we're talking here.

As for lap times, the Mille would probably have the edge, as it's a lot lighter and has expectional exit speed...it's deceptively fast, like most twins.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
it's funny how light it is versus how wide and porky it feels in the saddle. i like how underrated the mille is.

on the topic at hand, the clip is real nice. i won't liken you both to professionals and their work. at this point you ARE professionals! only thing missing is a stationary camera on a tower and the obligatory helicopter chase camera. if you somehow manage those, it's over!

i meant to stick this statement in the mountain high vid thread....:nerd:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts