MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Those are some awesome shots. I really enjoy how you make it very artistic in a sense, while also retaining all of the "rush" and action. Don't think I recognize the silver duc? I really enjoyed more of the moto noise this time :)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really enjoyed more of the moto noise this time
That's why we post our work here and gain as much feedback as possible. :)
as well as the fuzzy feeling of knowing like minded riders are enjoying our work, we take all the feedback and try to relate it to our next project....

Our formats, workflow and general layouts and been a continual refinement based on all the feedback we gain....
All this is done before we release any final DVD format.
So the vid you've seen here will most definately be "tweeked" again before final release...
BTW...Velocemoto III DVD is selling incredibly...we are shocked , and thankyou to anyone here at this forum who has dug into their pockets!
Much appreciated.

As for the silver Duke. Scott took his standard 996, got 998 bodywork, and went about creating his own "Imola" special.....looks gorgeous in the flesh
He's even had special and very subtle "Imola " decals made up for it....and he knows how to launch it onto one wheel, that's for sure !

·
Registered
593 Posts
cool vid mate. lots of passing over the line though, do you guys always do that when you ride? would suck if someone was passing over the line coming the other way at the same time. :) helmets knocking together cant feel good. :stickpoke

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
777 said:
cool vid mate. lots of passing over the line though, do you guys always do that when you ride? would suck if someone was passing over the line coming the other way at the same time. :) helmets knocking together cant feel good. :stickpoke
777 is the riding police :cross: :stickpoke

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
777 said:
Fair enough 777... and it's a fair call.
But the camera always seems to distort what the actual riding conditions are.
We had it mounted extremely low on the MV and the peripheral vision with the camera is non-existant.
Yes..I think there's a few times the bikes drift over the lines, but i can assure you in all those instances it would have been save and we could see through into the next bend.
We really weren't going that hard at all... we never do when trying to film like this....we're actually very sensible most of the time :)

What was more alarming, was the amount of crap on this particular road...you can see the 996 kick up a lot of road muck when the MV is in behind it.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
777 said:
Rewind- Actually...watch it again 777
There is not one instance the MV, which is the main camera, touches, let alone crosses any white line...not once.

Scotty, on the silver Duke, crosses a few broken white lines in the pursuit of the MV, but I dont want to speak for him.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Another excellent Video Pete. Thanks for sharing it with us on MVagusta.net. :) I see what you mean about the crap on the road surface but I won't mention the trees again (OOOpps.. sorry just did) Only joking. :) :)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
john said:
Another excellent Video Pete. Thanks for sharing it with us on MVagusta.net. :) I see what you mean about the crap on the road surface but I won't mention the trees again (OOOpps.. sorry just did) Only joking. :) :)
I think this just shows that even though you may think you know a road, the conditions are never exactly the same.... Last time we filmed here, the road was perfectly clean...this time crap everywhere. We usally do a quick run without the camera a make sure the road is OK..

I must admit though John, the trees had not changed at all:)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
what can i say. nice work pete...ALTHOUGH it is a double edged sword. on one edge i'm salivating at the screen because you've really captured the feeling of riding a road like that...THEN i look out my window and realize that it's snowing and i've just drooled on myself. :loser:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Talk about double safety standards... was up the mountain couple of weeks ago, 60km/h corner, lots of gravel and leaf litter wash off on the centre line from recent rain, cops on next corner with radar! Every K over is a killer..my ass...if they were really interested in saving lives they would have had brooms out cleaning up the crap...thats our tax dollars at work! Amen.
Did I mention revenue raising...?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Really like the film. I'm looking out of my window and it is cold and raining!!! Spring is on the way soon!

As for the riding I see nothing wrong with it, so what if you have crossed a broken line to get a better line for the corner or to keep up with the other bike? I can't see that that is dangerous or perhaps I have missed something?

I got chased and pulled by the fuzz on the Hoover Dam in the US of A for momentarily going over a solid white line when I was on a bike on my way to the Grand Canyon, they seem quite strict out there! I called him Sir a lot and he just gave me a bollocking :toothless

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Flanners said:
Really like the film. I'm looking out of my window and it is cold and raining!!! Spring is on the way soon!

As for the riding I see nothing wrong with it, so what if you have crossed a broken line to get a better line for the corner or to keep up with the other bike? I can't see that that is dangerous or perhaps I have missed something?

I got chased and pulled by the fuzz on the Hoover Dam in the US of A for momentarily going over a solid white line when I was on a bike on my way to the Grand Canyon, they seem quite strict out there! I called him Sir a lot and he just gave me a bollocking :toothless
Thanks Flanners... :conveyer:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts